Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Brand Friendly Theme Issues

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
@digibomb

When I click on 'Start A New Discussion', the post box is showing a scroll bar at the bottom. The header part is fine.
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8096/brandfriendly1.png

After the message is posted, there is a big gap between the author and the message.
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2825/brandfriendly2.png

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I had the same problem with my Clean theme, and it's a hard one to fix. It seems the problem originates from the Panel having a a fixed width and a float right, while the Content has a scalable width and no float at all. I solved this by giving both the Content and the Panel a float property and a scalable width by percentage.

I'm also forseeing another problem with this theme, since there is no clear at the end of the Content and Panel. If the Content would be in the right place, the Panel would overlap the footer if it's longer then the Content. But that's easy to fix.

I'm really interested if you find a solution to this problem digibomb. The only other one I found was by using a table (*yuk*).
  • i like this theme, but same problems as per above....
  • Hello, can't anybody tell me how to add class Highlight to {discussions_link} by default when viewing front page of discussions?
  • No support for this theme?
  • edited December 2010
    Got the same trouble in my theme. Hopefully there is a fix?
  • It would be nice if this was fixed...
  • I've reached out to @digibomb again hoping that he will help us with the issue.
  • edited January 2011
    Hi guys,
    I tried to make a quick fix and looks like it's worked :

Find these lines on the default.master.tpl
    <div id="Content"> {asset name="Content"} </div>

change that to :

<div id="Content"> <div style="float:left; width:100%;"> {asset name="Content"} </div> </div>

Please try it
  • Hey guys, sorry for not responded earlier I have been on vacation and somehow missed this thread.

I have fixed the theme, you can either re-download it or modify a single line of code.

In custom.css change

body.Post #Content { margin:0 20px; }
    to
    body.Post #Content { width: auto; margin:0 20px; }

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @pix3l
    thanks that did the trick!

@digibomb
    tried your solution but for some reason it did not fix the error chuckD pointed out?

thanks all!
  • @sprockett could be other changes you have made to the css ...

• @sprockett - the new version fixes the scroll issue

@digibomb - I tested on a new clean install and the second issue still a problem
    http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2825/brandfriendly2.png
  • @chuckD strange ... will look into it.

• @chuckD pix3l's change fixed problem 2....

thx
  • @pix3l @sprockett @digibomb

pix3l solution works!!

Does anyone see a problem with adding this to the custom.css file instead?

div.Preview div.Message, ul.MessageList div.Message {
    clear: none;
    font-size: 100%;
    line-height: 140%;
    }

An alternate version that seems to fix the issue. It will need digibomb's confirmation.
  • @chuckD @pix3l @sprockett

Approved. Theme updated. Thanks for the work guys!

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/brandfriendly-theme-1.2

• how can i keep the sidebar on the search page and add new post page ?
  • @digibomb I'm having an issue with BrandFriendly where my Start a New Conversation page doesn't reload properly. When I submit the message, it sends, but I get no visual confirmation until I manually reload the entire page.
  • @matthewkris hmm ... this does not sound like a theme problem, but I will check. You may want to ask @tim he may be able to help on this one.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
    @digibomb though its ultimately easy to change custom.css and default.master.tpl with BrandFriendly theme, i need to change some HTML not CSS, like adding few tags and text.

Where do I specifically do that? particulary for asset content -

{asset name="Content"}