Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Email Notification text format?

DanDevineDanDevine
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is there a way to get the email notifications (I am using email subscription to get it to work) in just plain text format. I am not knowledgeable enough to know if this is normal but when the notifications are sent out they are all full of formatting characters. I am using CLEditor so maybe that has something to do with it. Here is a sample line from a notification:

(Well, I can show the sample line because it is modified when I post it but it appears with a lot of br's and div's, etc.)

Another problem is that sometimes I also get a line of characters at the beginning of a post that has to do with setting the font type and size in POSTS on the forum when using cut and paste from an email into a message that I wish to post. I don't see these on the preview screen but they show up after posting.

Not sure if I describe this well enough but it sure makes things hard to read.

Dan

Comments

• I assume what you are trying to say is that CLEditor adds HTML to forum posts and that the e-mails are sent as plain-text instead of HTML (which would render the HTML properly). Right?

/cd
  • Yes, I believe that is it, although I may not be using CLEditor properly. I have been pasting as plain text because it appears fine in the preview but has some formatting commands in the posted message and a LOT of formatting commands in the transmitted notification. I checked the CLEditor website but still do not understand it's proper function. BTW, your last version of EmailSubscribe is fantastic! Thanks for the continued fixes and feature revisions
  • Anybody have a mod so that email notifications are sent in HTML instead of plain text with all the associated formatting text being visible? Or a way to strip out the formatting commands and send them as plain text. How are other admins handling this? Using 2.0.17.8 with CLeditor.
  • No, it requires change in Vanilla, as today notifications are horrible.