Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Translation problem : how to translate Activity Story like $NewRoles or $RemovedRoles ??

ArachnosArachnos La Garenne Colombes
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
In the Activity panel (front-office), there is text like "Dummy 2 was added to the Administrator role." or "Dummy 2 was removed from the Administrator role.".

By searching, this text is in applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php under the $NewRoles and $RemovedRoles variables.

Anyone as a solution to translate that ?
Tagged:

Comments

• Write this in GitHub.

Find necessary text, for example - 'My Text' and make it into T('My Text')
    After it you can add translation to locale.
  • ArachnosArachnos La Garenne Colombes
    it doesn't work when you insert it in locale file (I've inserted like this T('%1$s was added to the %2$s %3$s.') = T('%1$s a été ajouté à %2$s %3$s.');

I got this error : Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/forum/locales/French/captured.php on line 20

Here's the string in class.usermodel.php : $Story = sprintf(T('%1$s was added to the %2$s %3$s.'), $User->Name, implode(', ', $NewRoles), Plural($NewCount, 'role', 'roles') );
  • T('%1$s was added to the %2$s %3$s.') = T('%1$s a été ajouté à %2$s %3$s.');

Seems nuts. :-) How you want assign right to left? :-)
    You must use $Definition, as I remember.
  • ArachnosArachnos La Garenne Colombes
    Yes but I think I have to retrieve the right keywords in a form similar to
    $Definition['Activity.RoleChange.ProfileHeadline']

because $Definition['%1$s was added to the %2$s %3$s.'] = '%1$s a été ajouté à %2$s %3$s.'; don't work