Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Where to find master view for separate discussion page?

aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I want to make few changes in themes and from 'ultimate theme guide for designers ' i can only see custom css and master.tpl.

For changing HTML content, where can I find master view?

For example, to add static tag after discussion/question heading, which page should I edit?

@digibomb - I am waiting eagerly for advance theme edition tutorial.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Master view for most of your site is default.master.php. It's under /applications/Dashboard/views. Copy that to your theme under the /views folder to customize it.
  • What @Lincoln said :) Also, I am currently working on the advanced theming techniques section of the Ultimate Theme Guide. We will cover "Theme Hooks". Similar to the functions.php in WordPress, this will help themers tremendously.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
    Thats a great news, theme hooks will really help.

@digibomb, the debugger doenst work in brandfriendly theme.

And if you can provide a mapping like which page (profile,post,home) is used by which master page, it would be really helpful.

I want to edit some HTML of a single discussion page, which master page should I use?