Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Search is next to useless?

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi all,

I have just found enough free time to upgrade a reasonably popular forum to Vanilla 2 from Vanilla 1.

I am trying to search for answers to some questions, but whenever I seem to type in a search query, I get the oldest results first.

Is there any advanced options to get the newest topics first? That way I will be getting info on Vanilla 2, rather than topics which reference Vanilla 1.

Example of the issue: http://vanillaforums.org/search?Search=search

Cheers.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Agreed; search is being worked on.
  • Options
    Hi,

I did the process to update DB. And I get the message “No need to process any database changes”. But still I am not able to search anything.

Please help
    Hiral
  • Options
    I know this shouldn't be a "me too" type of post but I'm just curious as to where on the priority list search is? I find this to be the single-most important feature that Vanilla currently lacks. It's so bad that I consider it unusable and fall back onto Google to search the forum.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited March 2011
    I'd say it's in the top 5 big items (along with spam control and caching). We're using it on our own site and are well aware what a pain point it is.

//edit: To preempt the next question, no, there's no estimated release date. :)
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    // but yes, we're accepting shipments of pepsi/redbull/jolt cola

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    // but yes, we're accepting shipments of pepsi/redbull/jolt cola
    Where do we ship it to? :)