Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to make a multi-page Discussion link jump to the end?

jrapagejrapage New
edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've installed the latest version of Vanilla and have made some multi-page Discussions, but the links on Discussions list only take you to post #1 on page #1....

Whereas here, the Discussions list tweaks the links to take you to the end of a multi-page, e.g.:
http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/145/v0.2-phpbb-migrator#Item_383

Is this a hidden option?
Tagged:

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited March 2011
    No, but you need to be logged in for that to work. It takes you to the last comment you read.
  • Logged in, no special link.

Could it be Theme related?
    I'm using public_vforg
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Have you read the discussion previously? It only works the 2nd+ time you view it. Otherwise it assumes you'd like to start at the beginning.
  • Yes, I've used different user accounts to test never viewed, once viewed, many views... still no dice.

I may set up another instance of the board, migrate the DB, and test it with the default theme. Would changing theme (in this case public_vforg) affect how links are generated/rendered?

Thanks
  • @Lincoln - I think I've found the offending LOC in applications/vanilla/views/discussions/helper_functions.php

The conditional # link is never true

Anchor($DiscussionName, '/discussion/'.$Discussion->DiscussionID.'/'.Gdn_Format::Url($Discussion->Name).($Discussion->CountCommentWatch > 0 && C('Vanilla.Comments.AutoOffset') && $Session->UserID > 0 ? '/#Item_'.$Discussion->CountCommentWatch : ''), 'Title');
  • ...and upon further inspection, even if it did work, it would fail on pagination (i.e. not include /pX if the Item# is greater than the comments per page count.