Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

UnreadDiscussion

lucluc ✭✭
edited March 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
UnreadDiscussion

Comments

• lucluc ✭✭
    Created to learn how to write some php/js and addon for vanilla2.

I had no specific knowledge for all that prior to trying to create the addon. So bear with the possible errors, even though it works fine for me.
  • SS ✭✭
    Some comment about coding.
    In DiscussionsController_DiscussionOptions_Handler() need add Session->IsValid() before adding new option in $Sender->Options
  • lucluc ✭✭
    @S: the reason being?

I thought the reason was to not have the link activated if you're not signed in, but if you're not, it is already not available.
    Maybe I'm just missing the reason :).

I guess it's working because the event is already behind an $Session->IsValid() in vanilla/views/discussions/helper_functions.php hence it's not needed.
  • SS ✭✭
    I guess it's working because the event is already behind an $Session->IsValid()
    Oh, I see. Indeed, in this case no need checking for valid user.
  • SS ✭✭
    I see now -)
  • lucluc ✭✭
    It was missing, not because I saw it was already tested before the FireEvent, but because I didn't think of that.

So your comment allowed to make sure it was all and proper. Thanks.
  • Only just got round to checking this out, but very nice and very useful.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Updated to v1.0
    I was off vanilla2 for a while and I didn't had time to test it.
    Reinstalled it on my v2.0.17.8 install and it wasn't working anymore, fixed it and improved a bit.

If you have an older installation and that it works too, let me know, so I'll change the requirement.