Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to add link to footer

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi..I can't seem to locate the file for adding links to the footer. Which file do I have to get into & is it going to be complicated or simply add HTML? Thanks in advance for any help.

Ps: I read this but didn't understand it at all.

Comments

• I'm having (I think) the same issue.

I want each page in the forum to display a few links; I don't care if they're at the top or bottom of each page, so long as they're there. (Basically, I want to create a link on each forum page to the home page for my website.)

Where do I do this? The only file I successfully added HTML code to was my dashboard page. And...LOL...I'm of course the one forum user who doesn't need a link to the main page.

Where are the default forum pages located in my files?

Your help is very much anticipated and appreciated!

- Alicia
  • judgejjudgej
    edited March 2011
    Try the "pockets" plugin. That will support adding HTML to many places on the page, including before and after other footer modules. This method would not require any changes to the theme templates.

If you *really* want to add it to the theme, the whole-page wrapper template is in the themes/{your-theme}/views/ folder.
  • Try the "pockets" plugin. That will support adding HTML to many places on the page, including before and after other footer modules. This method would not require any changes to the theme templates.

If you *really* want to add it to the theme, the whole-page wrapper template is in the themes/{your-theme}/views/ folder.
    Thanks so much! The second part of your answer really did the trick. My hero!

- Alicia
This discussion has been closed.