Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

voting addon

RajioRajio
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
hows about a screenshot so I know what to expect?

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    edited August 2010
    This addon is actually enabled on the main site here, but I guess here are some pictures I took just moments ago.

Voting buttons on the top left of each post allow you "like" or "dislike" a comment.

Each discussion gets 4 boxes to the right of the title, displaying important statistics about how popular it is.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• oh its the same plugin. perfect! thanks.
  • ntuyelikntuyelik New
    edited April 2011
    I would like to change position of voting box next to comments area.
    I changed lots of thing on addon colors etc.. but I could not find how to change position of voting arrows + vote counter.Thanks...here is my forum : http://www.herkesuzman.com
  • Hi ntuyelik,

In the voting.css file (domain/plugins/Voting/design/voting.css) round about line 130 you should see a ul.MessageList div.Meta span.Votes class being defined. Mine is set to:
    ul.MessageList div.Meta span.Votes {
    text-align: center;
    display: block;
    position: absolute;
    right: 10px;
    line-height: normal;
    padding: 0;
    }
    as you can see I have right:10px which sets the voting arrows/counter to 10px off the right margin of the page. If I set this to say 50px, then it would indent further off the right margin, and move more to the left.

Hope this helps
  • ntuyelikntuyelik New
    edited April 2011
    Thanks, yes that's what I wanted...
    I also added top:-5px; to show it at a bit higher place.
    Different form your own code, my right value is : right: 695px.
  • I extract the Voting folder to /plugins folder but can not see in the admin. What should I do?
  • Anybody please tell me how to install this plugin?
  • EilieneEiliene New
    edited July 2012

How to turn all that to simple + - and thumbs? like this: homepage topics and comments