Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Customizing the sidebar

remoukremouk New
edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is there a way to have a customized sidebar? I mean, something different from the "Discussions" page.

Would be a great improvement and allow us to make the blog look like a "real" blog.

Comments

• what is this
  • Not sure. I don't think that would be specifically nillablog related. What do you want to put in the sidebar?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• There was an error rendering this rich post.

• RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    keep in mind that you can already do this using the Pockets plugin.. just select a page and a location for your content (ie. the sidebar) and your good to go.

i guess it would be better if the blog page was included in the "pages" dropdown menu of the pockets plugin.. not sure if that could be done though

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/pockets-plugin
  • ddumontddumont ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    It would require a change to the pockets plugin. I can take a look. It's already been asked of the pockets addon to allow rules for per-category.

• Sorry I didn't check the answers... Basically you got it: I'd like the sidebar to be different in the blog and in the discussions.

Thanks for the pockets plugin, I'll take a look!
  • Hi ddumont, how can i add a link to the blog page on the side panel like how you have on your website forums page?
    Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks !

• just adding to my previous post - i mean on the homepage. At the moment, when i set up the category "Blog", it appears within the homepage along with my other lists of categories. Its OK that it's there, but i noticed that in your forum "http://forum.canofsleep.com/", it appears on the side panel in the categories box. I would like that style too :) How did you get that Categories box there?

• @mventures
    I have my landing page for the forum set to All Discussions not the categories page.