Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Not sure if this is working properly.

For some reason when I click the quote link on my forum it loads a new page instead of automatically copying the quote into the textarea. It also simply adds a ">" in front of the quote which doesn't allow multiple lines.

Feels like I'm missing something here. Any suggestions as to where I should look?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Just realized that I get this error on a discussion page:

Error: jQuery.proxy is not a function
    Source File: http://example.com/forum/plugins/Quotes/js/quotes.js?v=1.2
    Line: 15

EDIT: Cleaned up that error. I had jQuery included twice. Now when I click quote, it scrolls to the textarea but doesn't paste any text.
  • edited April 2011
    Is there any support out there for this plugin? It is pretty essential and I don't see any errors.

I just changed back to the default theme and it still ins't copying the text.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Have you disabled HTML comments? The quotes plugins degrades to traditional ">" in such cases. Could that be your problem?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• edited April 2011
    @tim

I did have HTML comments disabled but have since reenabled then to test things. Since I've corrected the jQuery bug in my seconds post it simply scrolls down to the textarea but doesn't paste any text.
  • @tim

Update:

Firebug shows that the GET request is returning the proper data:

{"Quote":{"status":"success","selector":"Comment_386","body":"This is a test.","format":"bbcode","authorid":"34","authorname":"atariboy"},"FormSaved":true,"DeliveryType":"VIEW","Data":"","StatusMessage":"","RedirectUrl":""}

Nothing is appearing. I've stripped out all custom js as well just to make sure there isn't a conflict.
  • and FIXED.

I overlooked a part in my config file where I enabled bbcode.

$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = "bbcode"

Switched that back to Html and it works as expected.