Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Authentication and Registration pages Bonk

ronakgronakg New
edited May 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I installed Vanilla on my website www.ronakg.in. I finished all the setup with embed-vanilla plugin etc and everything is working fine except the Authentication and Registration pages.

I want to add FB, Twitter, Google and OpenID authentications to my forums, but when I click the Authentication page it shows me a Bonk page.

I have the latest version installed from vanillaforums.org, if that helps.

What should I do?

Comments

• Also, only registered users (only myself right now) are able to view the forums. All the guests are getting a Page Not Found error.

Please help.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    First, give me your specific version number.

Second, edit your config and add the following line:
    $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;
    Now you should be able to see the specific errors and can come back here.
  • All the guests are getting a Page Not Found error.
    is that the apache 404 error page or something else? Really interested in the detailed bonk page.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• First, give me your specific version number.

Second, edit your config and add the following line:
    $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;
    Now you should be able to see the specific errors and can come back here.
    Todd, I'm running version 2.0.17.10. I added the DEBUG option option as you suggested in config.php but I still don't see any errors. Should I be looking into some log file? I just get the Bonk page on the screen whenever I try to access either Authentication or Registration page.
    All the guests are getting a Page Not Found error.
    is that the apache 404 error page or something else? Really interested in the detailed bonk page.

the 404 error page is coming from Vanilla. You can see it here - http://www.ronakg.in/discussions/
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    edited May 2011
    Oh. I think in 2.0.17* You have to go to the top of your index.php in vanilla and put:
    define('DEBUG', TRUE);
    When I look at your site I see that vanilla is supposed to be at http://www.ronakg.in/forum/. However, when I browse there I get an directory listing page. That's not Vanilla so I'm not exactly sure where you've installed it.
  • UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited May 2011
    Did you try to move your installation?
    Because when I go to http://www.ronakg.in/discussions/ everything is fine (no 404 page, but I'm not logged in).
    Try to set up a forum locally and then set it up at your website again.
    Also consider upgrading to 2.0.18 (beta)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Well I was re-installing it so you might have accessed it when the files were being copied.

After re-installation, all seems to be working fine. I had backed-up config.php, so I didn't have to setup anything again. Probably some files didn't get copied properly the first time I installed it.

Thanks for your help.