Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Custom Integration using Vanilla v.2.0.18 / Proxyconnect

edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi, I would just like to point out that I have successfully integrated Vanilla to an existing e-commerce website I have developed using Codeigniter.

When new users are created at my website and they go over to the vanilla forums, vanilla checks for the user session and creates or signs them in automatically.

My question is, how should I develop the system so that vanilla will grant an admin user I have created on my website, an admin status automatically in vanilla as well?

My preliminary findings on this matter is that if a new user is created on my site and not yet on vanilla, vanilla will create an entry in the vanilla database only when the user goes to my vanilla forums.

So to possibly answer my own question, should I attempt to insert a user into the vanilla database with admin rights after I created an admin on my website? Or is there a better way to do this?

Many thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    The latest proxyconnect allows you to add a Roles: key to your authentication page and it will synchronize the roles too.
  • Options
    thanks Todd! I sort of figured that out after a few days of looking into the proxyconnect classes.