Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Bonk upon login

apbarrattapbarratt New
edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've only just installed Vanilla after discovering it earlier this morning.

It all seems good but after enabling one of the other built in themes (the embed safe one) I started getting a Bonk page. I changed it back to the default theme but I still get the bonk page. If I clear the cache to sign out, it works find, so it's only happening when I've logged in.

Also, because I cleared my browser history, I can't work out the address to get back into dashboard because, the bonk page doesn't have the dashboard button.

Please help :(

Answers

• Options
    I've managed to get back into dashboard but still not sure what to do about the bonk :(
  • Options
    OK, I don't know why, but switching to the mobile theme and back fixed it.
  • Options
    Seems now it only happens with anything other than the default theme. This is a problem as I need to use the Embed-Friendly theme.
  • Options
    uuuuhm... use the edit button next times.
    When you get a Bonk error, follow these steps:
    http://vanillaforums.org/docs/errors/
    It's usually a problem with write permissions on the templates_c directory

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    Woops, sorry, didn't think of that, will do next time.

I've got the dev error screen now though I'm struggling to work out what it's telling me. The error occured on or near "/library/vendors/Smarty-2.6.25/libs/Smarty.class.php" on line 1113: "trigger_error("Smarty error: $error_msg", $error_type);"

I've also got a lot of backtrace data but won't post it unless you want me to.

Where is the templates_c directory you spoke about? I wouldn't be surprised if it is a permissions issue as you suggested.

Andy
  • Options
    Well, I'm baffled, it's just all started working, I didn't change anything, it just started working, oh well. Thanks for your help UnderDog.
This discussion has been closed.