HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.0.18 (beta 2) is now available

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Hi. Im new here and I gotta say that Vanilla forum script is what I was looking for My project. Great script. :)

I have problems whit this beta. Im gettn this error, when Im trying to post a discussion.

InsertIPAddress is 14 characters
    too long.
    UpdateIPAddress is 14
    characters too long.

Any suggestions? Bdw stable version works fine.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    Did you upgrade from stable or new install?
  • edited July 2011
    That was fresh install.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    @kasinjsh: OK so no out of the head way to fix it.
    Otherwise I would have recommended to:
    www.yourforum.com/utility/update (or www.yourforum.com/index.php?p=/utility/update), and with /utility/structure as well.
    You still can, maybe some stuff didn't create properly on install.
  • I will check that, but I think it should be fine. I'm on mobile phone and maybe Vanilla don't like that.
  • TorbjornTorbjorn New
    edited July 2011
    I have a problem with the combination 2.10.18b2 and logging in with Facebook or Google. The popup is activated and i enter credentials, then a new popup activates telling the user to enter a usernamne. I enter a username and click the button 'connect'. Then a password field is activated and then disapears in a second. The next step would be to redirect to discussons but nothing happens. The user is not created and the popup with username is still active.
    I have done the same config with 2.10.15 and it works great.
    Is this a known problem?
    [edit] Twitter works just fine. The popup asking for a username dosent appear i am just redirected to discussions and the username is the same as the twitter username.

[edit2]
    I did a second setup and that worked just fine.
    Then i deleted the *.ini files in cache and that solved my problem. Yay!

[edit3]
    Well, the problem still exists. There is no problem to log in a existing user. The problem arises when vanilla tries to add a new user. I cant get past the popup where the new user is promted to enter a username. @luc any tips?

[edit4]
    Can it be related to this issue (smarty/compile folder permissions)
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/14440
  • ronakgronakg New
    edited July 2011
    Found one issue with deleting multiple posts together. Got this Fatal error when I tried to do it -
    "Undefined variable: DiscID" 

LOCATION: /htdocs/forum/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.moderationcontroller.php > 245:

foreach ($CheckedComments as $DiscD => $Comments) { > 246: foreach ($Comments as $Comment) { > 247: if (substr($Comment, 0, 11) == 'Discussion_') > 248: $DiscussionIDs[] = str_replace('Discussion_', '', $Comment); >>> 249: else if ($DiscID == $DiscussionID) > 250: $CommentIDs[] = str_replace('Comment_', '', $Comment); > 251: } > 252: } > 253: $CountCheckedComments = count($CommentIDs); BACKTRACE: [/data/21/2/85/75/2574238/user/2822359/htdocs/forum/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.moderationcontroller.php 249] PHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler(); [/data/21/2/85/75/2574238/user/2822359/htdocs/forum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php 291] ModerationController->ConfirmCommentDeletes(); [/data/21/2/85/75/2574238/user/2822359/htdocs/forum/index.php 51] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();
  • TorbjornTorbjorn New
    edited July 2011
    Deleted content by Torbjörn

• I found one more issue with my installation. Whenever the forum redirects to embedded version, I get a Bonk page.

Check here - http://www.ronakg.com/forum
  • I found one more issue with my installation. Whenever the forum redirects to embedded version, I get a Bonk page.

Check here - http://www.ronakg.com/forum
    It's not the Bonk page, but Page Not Found. What is happening here is - whenever the redirect happens, the src in iframe becomes forum/index.php?p=index.php?p=$1

What should I do here?

• seems like its been a while since beta 2, was wondering if some larger bugs exist that are being worked on or maybe some new features
  • Step 6 of the update gave me a bonk .... but things seem to be working anyhow. oh well.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm getting the same error as ronakg above.

Everything was working fine a few weeks ago. I was using 2.0.18b2. Then I uninstalled it and started from fresh (new database, re-uploaded files, everything). Afterwards I keep getting a page not found error when I try to embed my forum on my website.

The link to my main vanilla install works fine, so I don't think it's a server issue. It's only the embed forum that isn't working anymore.

My main vanilla install is in a subfolder called "vanilla". I am trying to embed it on http://www.mysite.com/forum (just an example). The forum page is actually a .php page (not sure if that means anything) and as mentioned it was working fine a few weeks back.

I've also edited the .htaccess file in my vanilla folder so that it shows RewriteBase /vanilla

I thought the error might be because this is a beta version, so I tried to install a fresh 2.0.17.10 version, and I still get page not found on embedded forum.

Anybody have any ideas as to what's going on? I really want to continue using the embed forum feature, but not sure how to make it work. I can e-mail a link to my forum page if anyone thinks they might can help me out a bit.

Thanks!
  • edited July 2011
    Can someone tell me why the the displaying of errors does not work? i use a fresh 2.0.18b 2.

i tried both lines in in my config:

$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Debug'] = TRUE;

both dont bring me error messages. only bonk is shown.

here is my conf file:
    http://paste.debian.net/124573/
  • @tim thanks for such a nice functionality , still i found one bug related to category permison . Guest can view the post for the private category inspite they are not allowed to view . They can view post name on homepage while they cant view full post.

thank you
  • Can someone tell me why the the displaying of errors does not work? i use a fresh 2.0.18b 2.

i tried both lines in in my config:

$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Debug'] = TRUE;

both dont bring me error messages. only bonk is shown.

here is my conf file:
    http://paste.debian.net/124580/
  • Does anyone know what happened to the auto linking of URLs and embedding of Youtube links?
  • @Torbjorn I am experiencing the same problem with Facebook and Google which I think is a bug needs to be fixed. As for Twitter, you said it is working fine which in my case does too but did you notice when user registers using Twitter API email address created under his profile is twitterusername@foo.com? You can check it under Users on your Admin page. I don't understand where the @foo.com comes from and why API does not retrieve real email address of the user who registered with Twitter account? Or is it jus me experiencing this problem?
  • @berdia Are you translating Vanilla? I have come to the conclusion(not verified by the Vanilla Team) that the problems are related to a enabled locale. See this post. http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/16635/social-connect-and-problems-when-same-user-sign-in-in-different-ways.
    It would be great if the Vanilla Team could verify this as a issue. Ping @Tim
    The Twitter registration assigns a @foo.com mail to the user because the API dosent expose the e-mail. A workaround could be to let the user enter a e-mail in the Twitter registration process.
This discussion has been closed.