Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

youtube ???

Answers

• Short version does not work in 2.0.18b.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @berdia I added it to the unstable branch approximately 30 seconds before I posted. Unless you downloaded the bleeding-edge copy from GitHub (don't) you won't see it until the next beta release.
  • @Lincoln I downloaded it from here not from GitHub and I am sure it is the same version as you have. Thank you for replying me anyway.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    No it's not.
  • @luc So what shall I do? Download it again? Would it be a different version?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    Go there: https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/tree/unstable
    Click on downloads, and download .tar.gz or .zip (ie. from source) not any package.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @berdia What I recommend you do is wait for 2.0.18 to be released.
  • @Lincoln Thank you. I thought it was already released as I could see link here to download. Any idea when it will be released? I am really determined to finish my project sooner rather than later.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    No, it got held up on some last-minute optimizations.
  • @Lincoln do you have estimated release date? Thank you.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Nope
  • cool, thanks~
  • My users are having issues with youtube - sometimes pasting in a youtube link auto-embeds it the video. sometimes it just shows up as the link.

what could be going wrong? maybe something with how they're pasting the link?
  • I have this same problem. When I paste the link in cleditor, it pastes as a clickable link. The algoritm to automagicly replace a YouTube-URL to a videoplayer doesn't work then (perhaps because it's in an anchor-tag?)

Somebody has a solution for this problem?
  • Can I adjust the width of the youtube videos posten as comments?
  • retoidretoid New
    edited March 2012

bump for youtube shirt url's. :)

• This is completely ridiculous for it to take this long for this minor issue to be fixed.

Here, I'll help. It requires a hack to the core, but I guess that's what we have to do to actually make things work with the 2.x branch of Vanilla as users.

I'm working on v2.0.18.4.

There is a preg_match for youtube shortlinks in \vanilla2\library\core\class.format.php on lines 831-832. It just doesn't work.

So I replaced

if ((preg_match('`(?:https?|ftp)://www\.youtube\.com\/watch\?v=([^&]+)`', $Url, $Matches) 
             || preg_match('`(?:https?)://www\.youtu\.be\/([^&]+)`', $Url, $Matches)) 
             && C('Garden.Format.YouTube'))

with

if ((preg_match('%(?:youtube(?:-nocookie)?\.com/(?:[^/]+/.+/|(?:v|e(?:mbed)?)/|.*[?&]v=)|youtu\.be/)([^"&?/ ]{11})%i', $Url, $Matches) ) 
             && C('Garden.Format.YouTube')) {

and it works for all Youtube-generated URLs I've thrown at it, including short links. The preg_match might be better written by someone else, that's fine. It is not my speciality.

@Lincoln

This discussion has been closed.