Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

My Default Locale dropdown selection does not work.

edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've installed the language packs properly but i can't select the default language. Can you please help?

I am attaching a screenshot of my problem : image

Comments

• I had this problem too but it seems that I've found a solution. It was in '/applications/dashboard/models/class.localemodel.php', public method 'AvailableLocales()', line '$Locales = array_unique($Locales, SORT_STRING);'.
    I don't know why but in the php version 5.2.5, the function 'array_unique' doesn't accept the second parameter 'SORT_STRING'. So I've only commented it:
    '$Locales = array_unique($Locales/*, SORT_STRING*/);' and everything worked fine.
    It does not happen in PHP Version 5.3.2.
    Hope it can help everybody!

>> Sorry for my poor english. :)
  • You find empty dropdown when in config.php locale is missing:
    $Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = '';
    I don't know why it is happening (probably a bug), but if you fill your config file with your locale, you'll see it again in the dropdown.
  • edited July 2011
    You find empty dropdown when in config.php locale is missing:
    $Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = '';
    I don't know why it is happening (probably a bug), but if you fill your config file with your locale, you'll see it again in the dropdown.
    You are right Csabbencs and it was the first thing I've looked for.
    But in my case the config.php was ok with a 'pt-Pt' value in my locale, just as it should be.
    So it seems that there are more than one bug to verify.

• It was in '/applications/dashboard/models/class.localemodel.php', public method 'AvailableLocales()', line '$Locales = array_unique($Locales, SORT_STRING);'.
    I don't know why but in the php version 5.2.5, the function 'array_unique' doesn't accept the second parameter 'SORT_STRING'.
    As wrote here, this feature in function array_unique() working since php version 5.2.9

• It was in '/applications/dashboard/models/class.localemodel.php', public method 'AvailableLocales()', line '$Locales = array_unique($Locales, SORT_STRING);'.
    I don't know why but in the php version 5.2.5, the function 'array_unique' doesn't accept the second parameter 'SORT_STRING'.
    As wrote here, this feature in function array_unique() working since php version 5.2.9
    Thanks dimka!
    It means that the requirement specification of PHP version 5.2.0 or newer is not correct (http://vanillaforums.org/docs/installation-requirements). It should be version 5.2.9 or newer.