Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

users can't log in after conversion

edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I used the vanilla2export tool to convert a phpbb3 forum to Vanilla 2 and then put the forum on a fresh Wordpress install.

I am able to log in, but I asked two of my moderators (Global moderators on the phpbb forum) to test, and they get permission denied errors.

Is there any step I might have missed?

Answers

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I don't think so, but I'm not sure. We occasionally get these bewildering password reset issues and I think we're having trouble tracking it down. Are they able to reset their password? Obviously that's not the desired method, but want to make sure that at least works. You're using the latest version of the porter?
  • edited July 2011
    I apologize, upon asking again, they were getting "invalid username" errors. When trying the password reset, they got "there is no user registered with that email address."

Yes I'm using the latest version of the porter...
  • Hi, I created a test account on phpBB3 and then re-exported. Again I'm able to get in as Admin and I was able to get in on my test account at the computer I was earlier, but I'm unable to get in on my laptop. The error message is "Sorry, permission denied." I requested a new password and I haven't received an email yet (It's been about 10 min). Any suggestions? Thank you.
  • I got my password reset email (about 30 min later) and reset my password. When I try and log in I now get an error "Sorry, no account could be found related to the email and password you entered."
  • Anyone?
  • Well guess Vanilla isn't for me then.
  • I had this problem and it was because the "log in" permission wasn't enabled by default by the porter. I think they fixed that in later versions but you might want to check if that's the case for some reason
  • Thanks for that... but I didn't see anything about log in permissions with the porter. I did go in and check user permissions and I can't see that there is any reason that people can't log in. The password recovery doesn't work either. I get the email and change the password, but can't get in with the new password either, it gives me "Sorry, no account could be found related to the email and password you entered." :(
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited August 2011
    Can you edit the basic member role (whatever role(s) your members and moderators are in) and see if it has 'Sign In' permission checked under the 'Garden' block of permissions?