HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.0.18 (beta 2) is now available

Comments

• @Torbjorn Do you think it would be possible to modify Twitter add-on and somehow hack it to enable email entry? Hmmm, I would like to know how to do it.

Yes I am translating Vanilla. Most of it is done. Biggest problems left are translation of Activity page and Wall, Google, Facebook registration APIs and Twitter.
  • @berdia Maybee possible to modify Twitter add-on but i think its best that the Vanilla Team have a say first. Maybee there is a workaround in place already.
    Test to deactivate the translation and see if the Facebook and Google issues disapear (so we can confirm that it it the same problem).
  • lucluc ✭✭
    @fgregerger is spamming.
    @Tim, @Mark, @UnderDog, @Todd, @Digibomb and whoever can delete those :)
  • @bottiger it still works for me.

You maybe have one of the wysiwyg editors enabled?
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Thanks @luc.
  • @bottiger it still works for me.

You maybe have one of the wysiwyg editors enabled?
    I have CLEditor jQuery WYSIWYG enabled. But this shouldn't be an issue because it was working before I upgraded to beta.
  • New Vanilla version.I found Vanilla 6 days ago and i already love it.It's great.
  • My site was working good untill yesterday but now there is some problem. I debugged to see original error. Below is the code, can anyone help me ?

Incorrect information in file: './xxx/GDN_Permission.frm'
    select * from GDN_Permission Permission limit 1
    The error occurred on or near: /home/xxx/public_html/forum/library/database/class.database.php

284: $PDOStatement = $this->Connection()->query($Sql);

285: }

286:

287: if ($PDOStatement === FALSE) {

288: trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($this->Connection()->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR);

289: }

290:

291: // Did this query modify data in any way?

292: if ($ReturnType == 'ID') {

• It looks like something's wrong with your MySQL database. Can you check the tables using PHPMyAdmin? Make backups

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• edited August 2011
    So, I tried upgrading today and my whole site bonks. The only thing I can access is the dashboard where I get this error:

FATAL ERROR IN: Gdn_Database.Query();

"Table 'vanillafh.GDN_Log' doesn't exist" select count(l.LogID) as `CountLogID` from GDN_Log l where Operation in ('spam') LOCATION: /home/matt531320/mysite.org/library/database/class.database.php > 284: $PDOStatement = $this->Connection()->query($Sql); > 285: } > 286: > 287: if ($PDOStatement === FALSE) { >>> 288: trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($this->Connection()->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR); > 289: } > 290: > 291: // Did this query modify data in any way? > 292: if ($ReturnType == 'ID') { BACKTRACE: [/home/matt531320/mysite.org/library/database/class.database.php 288] PHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler(); [/home/matt531320/mysite.org/library/database/class.sqldriver.php 1648] Gdn_Database->Query(); [/home/matt531320/mysite.org/library/database/class.sqldriver.php 673] Gdn_SQLDriver->Query(); [/home/matt531320/mysite.org/applications/dashboard/models/class.logmodel.php 132] Gdn_SQLDriver->Get(); [/home/matt531320/mysite.org/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.logcontroller.php 52] LogModel->GetCountWhere(); [/home/matt531320/mysite.org/library/core/class.dispatcher.php 291] LogController->Count(); [/home/matt531320/mysite.org/index.php 51] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();
  • Some of your tables are missing. When your site bonks it also should give you detailed information. Look in http://vanillaforums.org/docs/errors how to look at the details of the bonk

• @UnderDog I ended up posting it on github and browsing to /utility/update/ fixed the issue :)
    https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/1065
  • @matt531320 good work! This is excellent procedure and I wish more users would follow your example :-)

• @Tim Will I get support if I install this on my LIVE forum?
    Also is this a stable release? If I install this on my LIVE forum, will I get further support and will I be able to update it further as well?
  • Any update on the Facebook login issue? I have users try to FB connect, they get a Bonk but it creates their account. . .however they have no password to enter even though it asks for one.
  • UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited August 2011
    Any update on the Facebook login issue? I have users try to FB connect, they get a Bonk but it creates their account. . .however they have no password to enter even though it asks for one.
    Open your own separate thread or if there is already a thread going on about it point to the URL of that thread.
    In your own separate thread show the details of the BONK message.
    Furthermore... if there is an issue it should be on the issue list on gitHub

• Could this be the longest we've gone without an update to Vanilla 2?! :o Something big in the pipeline?! ;)
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Yeah, things have snowballed a bit. Greater desire to improve stability plus incessant changes = looooong release cycle.
  • Ah! Well thats good to hear though, thanks Lincoln :D Looking forward to the next release!
  • Love a lot of the updates, thank you!

However, when I select posts and click 'Split', it then asks me to create a new thread... which I do, with the intention of then merging into another thread.

The problem is, the split thread that's created simply says it's a split thread from the original, but it doesn't drag the posts across? :( Am I doing something wrong? Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.