Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Post Updates Email notifications

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I tried searching the forum for email notifications about post udpates but, was unable to understand whether or not it's available in Vanilla. I saw Outgoing Email option in the dashboard, I entered an email id and tried posting in the threads to check email notifications and I didn't get any.

Help?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓
    You can get email updates to discussions you have started or have bookmarked (the star). You must have those options checked in your profile under "My Preferences".

Answers

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓
    You can get email updates to discussions you have started or have bookmarked (the star). You must have those options checked in your profile under "My Preferences".
  • edited August 2011
    Members of the forum are not aware of this thing, they are more comfortable getting automatically subscribed to the threads and one email notification just like vB.

Apart from that, when I comment on a members profile or even PM, they are not getting any email notification. I have enabled every option under "My Preferences".
  • Yes, I have the same question about email notifications. How can I default all users to auto subscribe to updates to discussions they have started,commented or bookmarked?

Thanks.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    You can set default preferences in config.php.

These are the normal defaults:
    // Default Preferences
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Email']['ConversationMessage']   = '1';
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Email']['AddedToConversation']   = '1';
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Email']['BookmarkComment']       = '1';
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Email']['WallComment']           = '0';
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Email']['ActivityComment']       = '0';
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Email']['DiscussionComment']     = '0';
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Email']['DiscussionMention']     = '0';
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Email']['CommentMention']        = '0';
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Popup']['ConversationMessage']   = '1';
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Popup']['AddedToConversation']   = '1';
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Popup']['BookmarkComment']       = '1';
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Popup']['WallComment']           = '1';
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Popup']['ActivityComment']       = '1';
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Popup']['DiscussionComment']     = '1';
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Popup']['DiscussionMention']     = '1';
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Popup']['CommentMention']        = '1';
    Copy any you want to change and paste them into your config.php file with '1' for yes and '0' for no.
  • Has anyone had issues with email notification NOT working randomly - so I go in, star a discussion, and the first few come through, but then it stops working, and even when I "un-star" and "re-start" a discussion, I still don't get emails - tried with various accounts - so I know it's not related to my own posts - other users report the same thing...any ideas as to where to check in db or scripts (permissions?) to debug?

Thanks!
    John
  • You can set default preferences in config.php.
    If I set all these to 1, will the users get notification automatically when someone comments on their thread?
  • hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    You can set default preferences in config.php.
    If I set all these to 1, will the users get notification automatically when someone comments on their thread?
    if you set them all to 1 your users will get blasted with emails for everything.
  • edited November 2011
    Anyone experienced this?
    Has anyone had issues with email notification NOT working randomly - so I go in, star a discussion, and the first few come through, but then it stops working, and even when I "un-star" and "re-start" a discussion, I still don't get emails - tried with various accounts - so I know it's not related to my own posts - other users report the same thing...any ideas as to where to check in db or scripts (permissions?) to debug?

Thanks!
    John
  • Hoping to bump this post again - anyone else experienced this?

...so I go in, star a discussion, and the first few come through, but then it stops working, and even when I "un-star" and "re-start" a discussion, I still don't get emails - tried with various accounts - so I know it's not related to my own posts - other users report the same thing...any ideas as to where to check in db or scripts (permissions?) to debug?

Thanks!
    John

This discussion has been closed.