Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.0.18b2 - virus warnings & page not displayed

blizeHblizeH ✭✭
edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi all,

We've been using Vanilla forums for over 5 years now, and aside from the odd bug here or there, it's been perfect.

I've just updated to Vanilla 2.0.18 (beta 2) and now a few of our users are getting this error:
URL:http://forumurl.com/js/library/jquery.js
Process:file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Infection:js:IFrame-DL [Trj]
Warn your friends to avoid this website
Also, some users simply cannot access the website at all now using their desktop PCs, only on iPads/iPhones and whatever - the desktop results in a Can not resolve page (or similar) error and simply won't load at all.

Any suggestions please? ;_;
Tagged:

Best Answer

• lucluc ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    what's your address?
    At work, I have IE6, I can check if it's the same.

Answers

• Make sure that the file in the library is the same as the one released by the team.

Once confirmed, it might be their own antivirus going crazy.
  • Yes it's definitely the same file, I've never touched the hosting other than to upload/update the forum :(

Agree it could be their antivirus going crazy, but we only have around 20 members on the site and 4 are reporting the problem.
  • blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Just an update on the people who can't view the forum:
    It tries to connect to the website and I get a red cross dialog box saying "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site . Operation aborted."
    Doesn't happen in Firefox, or on iPhone, iPad etc
  • Guys, please this is quite a bad error, in IE6 (and possibly IE7, waiting to hear back) people who have been using the forum for years now can't even access it.

I know it's an old browser, but some people (especially at work) are forced to use either IE6 or IE7 so it's a real shame it's not supported now :/
  • lucluc ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    what's your address?
    At work, I have IE6, I can check if it's the same.
  • I'm having this same problem as well. Microsoft Security Essentials comes up with 2 errors every day and other members have complained about the same.
    Exploit:Java/CVE-2010-0840.KM
    Exploit:JS/Mult.DY
    I have re-downloaded the latest version of smf and put it on top of the current installation.