Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

portal for vanilla?

edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Well I'm too satisfied with the functionality of the forums, is unquestionably one of the best I've found so far ... my question is:

You can make a portal for vanilla, as well as the site uses the smf and vbulletin?

I ask this because I got used to have a portal by categories to show me a summary of recent posts, and so not using other cms like wordpress or joomla.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓
    If by "make" you mean "develop myself" then yes, it's quite possible because there's a great development framework under the forum to expand and add to it. However, there is no click-to-install solution for what you want (to my knowledge).
  • Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓
    Lincoln is right.
    Start in the dashboard in the "appearance" section. Choose any of the 3 possibilities.
    I think there's an option in there : "Categories and posts"
    It will show all categories and per category 5 latest posts in a long long list (I had like 37 categories).
    Then figure out what exactly you want to show to your users.
    Do you want to show 5 latest posts on another place? You will then have to make a "module".
    Take "bookmarked discussions" as an example and adjust it to your needs.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓
    If by "make" you mean "develop myself" then yes, it's quite possible because there's a great development framework under the forum to expand and add to it. However, there is no click-to-install solution for what you want (to my knowledge).
  • Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓
    Lincoln is right.
    Start in the dashboard in the "appearance" section. Choose any of the 3 possibilities.
    I think there's an option in there : "Categories and posts"
    It will show all categories and per category 5 latest posts in a long long list (I had like 37 categories).
    Then figure out what exactly you want to show to your users.
    Do you want to show 5 latest posts on another place? You will then have to make a "module".
    Take "bookmarked discussions" as an example and adjust it to your needs.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    Thanks for responding, and revising and a lot about what I really want to have as a portal, I found this addon http://vanillaforums.org/addon/nillablog-plugin shown as a blog published articles.

That is what I seek is a news portal where you can neatly by category to see the latest news with a summary of them and their author in the content.

And because it surely could be eliminated using cms Wordpro ​​or another, it would be the proper vanilla cms.

Really grateful to vanilla, which has revived all that implies "forums."

As I will review it promises to nillablog much, although I do not have the option to be as homepage.