Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

bb-code dont work with non-english nicks

battersbatters New
edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
@Tim help me please i was enabled bbcode mode in config.php file $Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'BBCode'; and quotes dont work when use quote with russian characters nickname.
And quote dont work when use quote without nickname (for example: [quote]text[/quote] and result in post is: [quote]text without closing tag "/quote")
how fix help
Tagged:

Answers

• battersbatters New
    edited August 2011
  • somebody help i want use bbcode with non-english nicks
  • i want to use german..
  • and not work notifications for users with non-eng nicks, how to fix help please http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/16961/bb-code-dont-work-with-non-english-nicks#Item_4
  • evolucjaevolucja New
    edited September 2011
    I'm not sure if you have the same problem as me but I also had issues with polish letters. I solved it by changing Quotes 1.2 line 94:
    $Sender->EventArguments['Object']->Body = preg_replace_callback('/(<blockquote rel="([\d\w_ ]{3,30})">)/u', array($this, 'QuoteAuthorCallback'), $Sender->EventArguments['Object']->Body);
    to:
    $Sender->EventArguments['Object']->Body = preg_replace_callback('/(<blockquote rel="([\d\w\W_ ]{3,30})">)/u', array($this, 'QuoteAuthorCallback'), $Sender->EventArguments['Object']->Body);
  • battersbatters New
    edited September 2011
    @evolucja thanks for answer, you're a genius, thank you my friend, quotes are now working on bb-codes.
    I changed both string, 94 now looks like: $Sender->EventArguments['Object']->Body = preg_replace_callback('/(<blockquote rel="([\d\w\W_ ]{3,30})">)/u', array($this, 'QuoteAuthorCallback'), $Sender->EventArguments['Object']->Body);
    And changing next row 99, she looks like:$Sender->EventArguments['Object']->Body = preg_replace_callback('/(\[quote="([\d\w\W_ ]{3,30})"\])/u', array($this, 'QuoteAuthorCallback'), $Sender->EventArguments['Object']->Body);
    After it changes bb-code with quotes with russian nicknames working perfect.
    But second problem still remains unsolved: when im using quotes without nicknames (for example: [quote]sample text[/quote], in result quotes dont have closing tag, and quotes dont work)
    Could you help me please with this, you are working without quotes nick (quotes without nickname)? Show your quotes file
  • Another difficulty, when use "quote" in the "quote" (for exampe: [quote="test"][quote="test"]My discuss[/quote]my pinion[/quote]sample text, then breaks quote,and does not work)
    help fix bb-quote in bb-quote
    I think it should be done in 140 string, but how?
  • Sorry man, i don't really know how to help you. I'm using HTML and it's working perfectly.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I released the latest version which has this fix included.
  • @Lincoln This version does not work with russian nicks, and dont have in 94 string function for changes to non-english language
  • @Lincoln when write [quote="Nick"]Text[/quote] in result no closing tagimage
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited September 2011
    I believe it uses the ValidateUsername function, doesn't it? It should work with whatever validation you're using to check usernames at registration.
  • Lincoln said:
    I believe it uses the ValidateUsername function, doesn't it? It should work with whatever validation you're using to check usernames at registration.

But if you follow the rule of usernames at registration, you cannot use russian name :P

• @bh8vn that's soemthign you can set in config.

grep is your friend.