Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How can i put "My Profile" like vanillaforums.org does?

jone68jone68 New
edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Dear all,

How can i put users profile as "My Profile" on the left side like vanillaforums.org do?

Thanks,

Best Answer

• camocamo New
    edited September 2011 Answer ✓
    Achu, I have your answer! (thanks Mark :))

Add the following line to your config/config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['Modules']['ShowSignedInModule'] = TRUE;

Thats it, exactly like here! :)

That is: in your config folder, add to the file called config.php

you will see similar lines beginning with $Configuration['Garden'],

just add the line beneath! :)

Answers

• It's a module in the panel, you will have to create a plugin for this, or use a theme.
  • jone68jone68 New
    edited September 2011
    I appreciated your advice. but I don't have PHP knowledge to create a plugin. using a theme is good for me i think. could you tell me what kind of theme should i use?

Thanks,
  • Using a theme, you would need to use hooks, which basically like doing a plugin. But it's tied to that theme only.
  • jone68jone68 New
    edited September 2011
    @Luc Thanks again for the replay. But still i don't have any idea how can i hook and doing like plugin. as i told you i'm not a PHP person ;) My target is removing the header completely and put the whole users profile on the right side like on this site shows.

Please show me something, kind of step-by-step if you can :)

Thanks again.
  • Anybody..... solution for this please......
  • @achu: sorry not a php dev either, I can more or less read and understands if need be, but I'm unable to do this change quickly or explain it to you.
  • @luc No pro :) Thanks for your help. May be someone php dev will give a solution for this.
  • @achu give an example of how you want it. My Profile for example is in the right panel and not the left panel. If I'm not mistaking the default themes also have the panel on the right and not on the left.
    Make an image / screenshot of how you want it and maybe a theme developer can help you with your problem.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• jone68jone68 New
    edited September 2011
    @UnderDog ohh.. My mistake i'm sorry, i was mean to on the right side not left side. I just need look like on this site

screenshot :)
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/selection001g.png/

@camo I have checked AboutMe plugin but it doesn't show the profile on the right side panel like on this site. I also checked MyProfile plugin but that is not for vanilla2 and many people reported bugs but no activity ;)

Thanks for you replay guys :)
  • camocamo New
    edited September 2011
    Oh I see, sorry. You COULD use the pockets plugin, if you just want a link to "my profile"
    above the panel on the right as your image shows.
    Pockets lets you insert stuff in various areas including where your image shows.
    What I cant tell you is how to find the right link to insert so it shows for any member and goes to THEIR profile.
    I understand your frustration at the complexity of vanilla, and I share it! :)
  • jone68jone68 New
    edited September 2011
    Thank you! Camo. and Thank you very much for understanding my frustration.

I come up from PHPbb i was attract by vanilla and i replace my forum with vanilla. when you on PHPbb you can find plugin's easily if you can not found it you can request a plugin. here on vanilla i have to be php dev to get the plugin i want :)

Regarding Pocket plugin, i was checking and like you said i have know idea neither what link i have to put there.
  • camocamo New
    edited September 2011 Answer ✓
    Achu, I have your answer! (thanks Mark :))

Add the following line to your config/config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['Modules']['ShowSignedInModule'] = TRUE;

Thats it, exactly like here! :)

That is: in your config folder, add to the file called config.php

you will see similar lines beginning with $Configuration['Garden'],

just add the line beneath! :)
  • P.S helpful hint, google is your friend sometimes. Google 'vanilla xxx(whatever)'
    and you get better results. I googled 'vanilla profile box' and found the answer.
    sometimes you win, sometimes ya dont LOL
    best wishes :)
  • Its nice when things go right isnt it! Your very welcome! :)
  • OMG!!! Thank you! Camo, That easy and works like a charm....

Thank you so much. wonderful.
  • jone68jone68 New
    edited September 2011
    @Camo Thank you for the tip i did like that but different keyword ;) Thanks anyway.