Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Random avatars for users

edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello. How can I make random avatar? For example, look at this page. All set to the default avatar, it's not pretty. How to make random avatars, such as uploaded on my hosting pictures?

Sorry for the Google Translate
Tagged:

Comments

• camocamo New
    edited October 2011
  • After activating this plugin, avatars are not displayed.

All members of the board in the profile is not entered emal. Maybe that's the case? How is it possible to solve the problem another way, if the generation of avatars on the basis of mail does not work?
  • Im sorry I really dont know, I wish I could help you. Have you disabled Gravatar plugin in dashboard? This will then only show avatar if user uploaded, just so it doesnt look ugly until somebody helps you.
  • Meanwhile... you might encourage users to upload their own avatar by offering the ability to use animated gifs like this...

How to here...

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/143131#Comment_143131

These changes work on 2.0.18b
    Note: animated avatars don't get resized when uploading so don't have them bigger than 50x50 pixels. They will be resized by css on display.