HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.0.18 (beta 4) released

124»

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I don't think anyone here realized that Windows lacked fnmatch until 5.3. I've updated the requirements page to reflect this. I'm pretty sure 2.0.17 is the same if it makes any difference - that change is very old. It wasn't an intentional switch to 5.3. We still support 5.2 on Linux.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    The fnmatch problem can be solved with a few lines of code but is closed (wontfix) on github saying to "not use Windows" even though 1.x worked with it. This makes upgrading pretty pointless. Why not take some time to fix those bugs as well?
    Guess not, dropping platforms by upping the requirements just makes it easier to get people on the payed plan. One patch isn't going to change that.
    This really annoys me. You're making ridiculous claims about us (trying to break the download product to boost migration to VF.com) based on pure assumptions. At the end of the day, we've provided you with all the tools (bootstrap.before.php) to make your installation work with the inferior version of PHP you're running. You could apply those "few lines of code" to your own install and be on your merry way.

If you don't trust us, and don't respect us, why are you using Vanilla?

But just for you, here's a commit to master. Now stop crying.
    https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/commit/083740965282d35a40a6483dc2553977e353339c

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Tim's feeling a little sassy today.

I've reverted my change to the Requirements page.
  • edited October 2011
    This really annoys me. You're making ridiculous claims about us (trying to break the download product to boost migration to VF.com) based on pure assumptions. At the end of the day, we've provided you with all the tools (bootstrap.before.php) to make your installation work with the inferior version of PHP you're running. You could apply those "few lines of code" to your own install and be on your merry way.

If you don't trust us, and don't respect us, why are you using Vanilla?

But just for you, here's a commit to master. Now stop crying.
    https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/commit/083740965282d35a40a6483dc2553977e353339c
    Sorry for attempting to use vanilla and reporting a problem that prevented installation, good to see it got fixed. You are right, I could've been "on my merry way", but then what is the point of reporting these things.

What led me to make assumptions was seeing the elitist attitude towards others on github and then again over here brushing people off telling them "not to use Windows" or get their host to upgrade PHP.

What kind of dev does that? I need to start making some free software so I can treat people like complete idiots. Telling people to stop whining instead of thanking them for reporting bugs that make your product better is also very professional. Keep it up and I'm sure I won't be the last one to make assumptions.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited October 2011
    the elitist attitude towards others on github and then again over here brushing people off by telling them "not to use Windows" or get their host to upgrade PHP.
    I'm not sure where you get the "elitist attitude" claim from, but the "brushing off" claims here did not involve core developers.
  • If Tim's sassiness is any indication of how people are dealt with I think you can kind of guess.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    You were being rude and presumptuous. He's been working very hard on Vanilla for a long, long time and was offended. I don't fault him for getting a little short.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited October 2011
    The RC is ready and will be made available within the next few days right now.
This discussion has been closed.