Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] My user are always online

2»

Answers

• AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
    @ruspiee ey i just saw your mail. I'm pretty tied up to a lot of projects right now.

what version of whosplugin you have there?

@camo sorry camo i still owe you the latest comment from the discussion excerpt. haven't created the guide yet. ill try to squeeze some time tonight (Singapore time) :)
  • camocamo New
    edited October 2011
    Thankyou much appreciated, looking forward to it. :)

I had a look at your site and it appears to have some fantastic customisations, such as your ajax post in place for example. very clever. What confuses me is how your site responds so fast (page loading) with so many scripts running!
    You are an amazing programmer.

edit: just incidently, have you altered your userlist plugin at all? I cant get mine to show image for some reason, yet I have RC2 and the plugins most recent version 0.5
    Im not smart enough to figure out whats going wrong. Im thinking its something to do with 'changebasename' ?#shrugs#

image url look like this

/forum/index.php?p=/uploads/userpics/010/nEBHL1I673IPC.png
    note that there's a little bug on this plugin. it doesn't take account those user's who set manually themselves invisible in their preference.

the plugin just checks directly on the whosplugin db to get the timestamp.

the best thing to do first is to check in the db this table

GDN_Whosonline

see if the Timestamp of those online users are increasing or not. if yes then they are indeed online but just set themselves hidden in the preference option
  • @ruspiee ey i just saw your mail. I'm pretty tied up to a lot of projects right now.

@camo sorry camo i still owe you the latest comment from the discussion excerpt. haven't created the guide yet. ill try to squeeze some time tonight (Singapore time) :)
    Hi Aolee! I use whosonline 1.3
    Thankyou much appreciated, looking forward to it. :)

I had a look at your site and it appears to have some fantastic customisations, such as your ajax post in place for example. very clever. What confuses me is how your site responds so fast (page loading) with so many scripts running!
    You are an amazing programmer.
    nah didn't do much on my site. that's all pure vanilla out from the box with just a few direct hack in the core because I'm not good in programming (like extending classes and object). i'm just good at breaking codes :( . upgrade is a big problem.

im still waiting for the Official release of the 2.0.18 before i add more stuffs.
    edited October 2011 Answer ✓
    @ruspiee ey i just saw your mail. I'm pretty tied up to a lot of projects right now.

Yeeeiks!! uh oh. i just realized im using 'Version' => '0.8'. maybe that's the reason.

2 options for you:

1. disable it first - while i fix it
    or
    2. download and use the ver 0.8 - while i fix it.
  • @ruspiee ey i just saw your mail. I'm pretty tied up to a lot of projects right now.

Yeeeiks!! uh oh. i just realized im using 'Version' => '0.8'. maybe that's the reason.
    Ok i try to use 0.8
  • oh I didnt know there was a later version of userlist?
    here's a link to the old one

http://pinoyau.info/plugins/whosonline-plugin-0.8.zip

i didn't the upgrade the whosonline plugin for a long time :D

2 options for you:

1. disable it first - while i fix it
    or
    2. download and use the ver 0.8 - while i fix it.

NOW WORKING!!
    Thanks again to everyone for your patience! I also thank Aolee for the plugin!

edited October 2011
    ok i saw the problem :( indeed it wont work on the new whosonline-plugin bcoz the timpstamp datatype is different from the old version ill try to make a fix.

i better put a disclaimer in the plugin description
  • indeed it wont work on the new whosonline-plugin bcoz the timpstamp datatype is different from the old version
    Thanks aolee for your time and your answers. Hope the other projects are going ok :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

edited October 2011
    no prob UnderDog! :) i actually have a version now of Onlineusers for the new Whosonline plugin ver 1.3, but found a bug in the Whosline plugin ver 1.3, already contacted gary. ill release my new plugin for it once gary fixed the bug:)
  • Would someone please show me how to show user info in comments on the LEFT rather than at the top? example below:

There was an error rendering this rich post.

edited February 2012

mine is not the ideal way.

but i modified the code inside help_function.php of discussion (/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/)

just a note. it doesn't look good in mobile version when i did this.