Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] The plugin just don't want to enable

staionstaion New
edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I press the "enable" button, loads like its about to enable, but does nothing. The "enable" button remains pressed. Please help!
Tagged:

Best Answers

• lucluc ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Are you using vanilla 2.0.18alpha + ?
  • natebeatynatebeaty New
    edited September 2011 Answer ✓
    I just upgraded from b2 to b4, and Q&A is the first plugin I tried to install. When I click on Enable, it shows the loading [].. gif, then reloads the page, but nothing has changed. It just silently fails. I then noticed it's doing this for all the plugins -- I can't disable or enable any of them. Any ideas?

(edit: never mind! hadn't updated the permissions on the conf folder after upgrading. noob fail.)
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    There is no version of the Q&A plugin for 2.0.17.10 and there won't be one. This little exercise has taught me never to release a plugin early again.

Answers

• lucluc ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Are you using vanilla 2.0.18alpha + ?
  • no...I used the stable version on localhost, but now I'm using it on a live website with the beta2 and seems to work. Thanks for the response.
  • natebeatynatebeaty New
    edited September 2011 Answer ✓
    I just upgraded from b2 to b4, and Q&A is the first plugin I tried to install. When I click on Enable, it shows the loading [].. gif, then reloads the page, but nothing has changed. It just silently fails. I then noticed it's doing this for all the plugins -- I can't disable or enable any of them. Any ideas?

(edit: never mind! hadn't updated the permissions on the conf folder after upgrading. noob fail.)
  • Can I get a older version that works on Version 2.0.17.10

I need it on my forum @ healthcareforums.net
  • I see here that you're already using a working version:
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/145776#Comment_145776

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• edited October 2011
    @Underdog

the plugin supplied by camo was voting plugin. Am not able to enable Q& A plugin. Am still stuck..
  • Am not able to enable Q& A plugin. Am still stuck..
    It must be a jquery problem. Are you able to get FireFox with the FireBug plugin and take a look at the jquery error?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @ underdog
    You always have trouble understanding people. The plugin wouldn't allow it to be enabled just because it needs the newer beta version while I have the older stable version. Thats why I asked "Can I get a older version that works on Version 2.0.17.10"

Got it ?
  • Again I ask it there any way I can get a working version on latest stable vanilla release ?
    Though plugin author has done a great job it's kind of ridiculous that there is no working version for Version 2.0.17.10 the latest stable release.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    There is no version of the Q&A plugin for 2.0.17.10 and there won't be one. This little exercise has taught me never to release a plugin early again.