Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How do I allow other filetypes to be uploaded?

edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I want to allow other filetypes to be attached such as .jad / .jar / .apk / .ipa etc....
Tagged:

Best Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Here is the config option you want to edit:
    $Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['AllowedFileExtensions']     = array('txt','jpg','jpeg','gif','png', 'bmp', 'tiff', 'ico', 'zip','gz','tar.gz','tgz','psd','ai','fla','swf','pdf','doc','xls','ppt','docx','xlsx','log','rar','7z');
  • x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓
    You put that in your config.php file.

grep is your friend.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Here is the config option you want to edit:
    $Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['AllowedFileExtensions']     = array('txt','jpg','jpeg','gif','png', 'bmp', 'tiff', 'ico', 'zip','gz','tar.gz','tgz','psd','ai','fla','swf','pdf','doc','xls','ppt','docx','xlsx','log','rar','7z');
  • edited October 2011
    Which file contains this line? I've checked both "class.fileupload.plugin.php" and "class.mediamodel.php" but couldn't find it.
  • How about conf/config.php

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• How about conf/config.php
    Nope , no such thing there
  • @Todd?? Anyone??
  • x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓
    You put that in your config.php file.

grep is your friend.

• edited November 2011
    Awesome! ...but it's kinda broke. It's stuck on "Uploading..." and nothing happends after that. Any ideas? Update?