HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.0.18 final release

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Twitter connect is but not the facebook and google connect
    First, are you sure you updated all the plugins and that you're using the ones bundled with Vanilla?

Second, have you filed an issue report so we can see what you're talking about?
  • sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    Hello Lincoln. I had downloaded the bundle 2.0.18 as such.
    yes i did file it http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/17645/uncaught-syntax-error-unrecognized-expression-nameuseremail-in-entry.js#Item_7 and Todd said its some bug hes aware of and will come up with fix soon.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2011
    @sahotataran I understood that to be a minor bug that wasn't stopping the connect options from working. The fix is already prepared, we were just waiting to see if other bugs are reported before we do a patch release.
    thanks Lincoln. I am actually praying that u guys release it soon. we will be opening our forum anytime next week so i wish it starts working before our release.
    Thanks again

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @bartoruiz, it looks like that fix didn't make it into 2.0.18. I cherry picked it over to the 2.0.18 branch it will make it into a service release shortly.
  • pls I need help, I ran the update and site is down, www.mypagenigeria.com.
  • an example - http://mypagenigeria.com/discussion/1552/how-entrepreneurs-can-create-their-own-luck#Item_1

there are some errors showing via the debugger, so I had to disable it now just to figure out whats happening...
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2011
    @largestlimit Your site appears to be working fine. You need to provide specific errors if you want help.
  • AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
    hi guys after the upgrade, im getting bonk when users enters the thread topic?

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    We've changed that to something simpler:

$Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
    thanks tim for the quick reply. but i've decided to do a clean install with a new fresh DB. after the install i pointed it to the old DB. should work right? so far im not hitting any error.
  • eestrucheestruch New
    edited November 2011
    Twitter connect is but not the facebook and google connect
    First, are you sure you updated all the plugins and that you're using the ones bundled with Vanilla?
    Yes, we are, is not working.

Facebook is not working (it works if the user already had an account there with a BUT that I'm explaining below)

Twitter is working, with the BUT

Google connect is not working. I don't know if it has the BUT.

The BUT is: when you sign in again to the webpage, automatically it changes the avatar, with the same you had. It keeps doing this everytime you sign in.

I am not sure how to ask for this in GitHub, and I don't understand why facebook is working with this forums (vanillaforums.org I mean (you haven't upgraded, right?)), or why anybody is asking for the same issue...
    And the problem is not with the plugins I think... the entryclasscontroller changed A LOT from version 2.0.17 to .18
    Bye!
    @eestruch your BUT is in Vanilla core and its not fixed till date - its some API matter - there is thread in this forum - you can search for it

• @Lincoln, thanks I later was able to fix by design another template. but when I enable the debugger I still get those error messages showing at the bottom of the page.
  • edited November 2011
    is there any solution to facebook and google login, seem to be having issues with those
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2011
    We have released 2.0.18.1. This should resolve all the major issues reported with the 2.0.18 release.

I've updated the first comment and the download link will automatically give you the updated version.
    thanks lincoln. m gonna try this one and see if this solves out the major issues with the connect

• Thanks for this great Creat.
  • Thanks!