Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] How do you ban a user?

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi i would like to ban a user i have the ip mod installed to view there ip addresses but how do i ban via ip and also how do i ban at all?

Cheers!

Best Answer

• camocamo New
    edited October 2011 Answer ✓
    @stephentaylor

To ban via ip go to dashboard > Moderation (on left) >Ban list >add item

You will see a dropdown called 'Ban Type' which offers either of three choices: IP, Email, Name. choose IP then in the field below called 'Ban Value' add the ip address you want to ban. There is a third 'optional' field called notes, where you can leave some text for your own info, e.g 'Troll' etc.

You can enter a ban for the same person, using each of the three Ban Types.

Answers

• General banning is done by putting the user in the "banned" usergroup, so edit the user and change his usergroup.
    Banning by IP address... I don't know about that one.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• camocamo New
    edited October 2011 Answer ✓
    @stephentaylor

You will see a dropdown called 'Ban Type' which offers either of three choices: IP, Email, Name. choose IP then in the field below called 'Ban Value' add the ip address you want to ban. There is a third 'optional' field called notes, where you can leave some text for your own info, e.g 'Troll' etc.

• @stephentaylor

@stephentaylor

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!