Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Terms of Service

RajioRajio
edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Right now when a user signs on to the forum they have to agree to a terms of service.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this community to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you.

We at this community also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. We log all internet protocol addresses accessing this web site.

Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this community.

We reserve the right to remove any content for any reason or no reason at all. We reserve the right to terminate any membership for any reason or no reason at all.

You must be at least 13 years of age to use this service.
now I don't know PHP (yet) but would it be tough to change this terms of service to a my own text? Ideally this text would just be in the dashboard so I could change it. Would make a handy feature or addon.

Just throwing it out there.

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    edited October 2010
    If you're using the default theme:

Inside /themes/default/
    Create a folder called "views".
    Inside that, create a subfolder called "home".
    Inside that, create a file called "termsofservice.php".

Copy this text into it, and then edit it however you like.
    <?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit(); ?>

<h1>Terms of Service</h1>
    <div class="Legal">
    <p>You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this
    community to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory,
    inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually
    oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative
    of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the
    copyright is owned by you.</p>

<p>We at this community also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or
    whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal
    action arising from any message posted by you. We log all internet protocol
    addresses accessing this web site.</p>

<p>Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and
    solicitations are inappropriate on this community.</p>

<p>We reserve the right to remove any content for any reason or no reason at
    all. We reserve the right to terminate any membership for any reason or no
    reason at all.</p>

<p>You must be at least 13 years of age to use this service.</p>
    </div>

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Great, thanks :) I've still got to learn more about how the /views/ works and what I can do with it.
  • Hi love this, but is there a way to make the box wider appreciate the help.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Yes, by editing the CSS for the Popup.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2011
    It's even easier to replace that text by just setting $Definition['TermsOfServiceText'] in locale.php. If you're not using a custom theme already, I'd recommend this.
  • edited April 2012

you can also change the $Definition['TermsOfServiceText'] variabel text in /applications/dashboard/locale/en-CA/definitions.php file directly.

Cheers! RichGriese.NET

• 422422 Developer MVP

Your better off creating your own and dropping it into your theme folder. Then you dont suffer overwrite at upgrade.

There was an error rendering this rich post.