Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"You've asked questions that now have answers"

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
what if I don't want to accept any answer

or I have published in my own thread

the correct answer gotten somewhere else ?

--
imho the message should contain "forget" option

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    And there we have it. Sometimes there are human problems on forums that no feature will solve.

Answers

You can always reject an answer if you don't want to accept any of the answers. The text tells you that when you look at the question.

And if you ask a question, find the answer somewhere else and don't post that answer yourself? Well, I'm trying to think of how to put this. Hmm. Oh what the hell.

Really? You expect someone else to answer a question that you can't be bothered to answer yourself? Really? You've never searched Google for an answer to your question somewhere else with no answers. Or worse, you find the questions with a "nvmd, fond answr myself, lol!" You've never seen this, really? Really?

I think your "forget" feature should be called the "I am a non-contributing member of the Internet" feature.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Are you new to the internet?

If you're saying you would take the time to go back to all the places that you'd asked for help and say "nevermind, for this somewhere else" and close the thread, you should instead be posting the ANSWER you found, or at the very least linking to it.

Unbelievable.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• e.g. http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/17948/bug-in-input-formatter-extra-formatting-cycles#Item_18

by this link the only suitable answer is the last. and it is my own answer. yes I've wasted about 4 hours to get it.

I set all other answers as rejected because I got the suitable for me answer myself

In some days some "body" will write there -
    'wow that is very very simple to guess that $sender contains first message in Discussion body and the replies in CommentData body. every fool knows that it is neccesary to cycle from 2 to each last and miss every iteration excluding one static num.

And I may want to close Quiestion and I have no button to do it.

Maybe some discussion will start there but it is not interesting to me as I've already gotten my answer myself . but I will be getting and getting message that I now have a lot of answers )))

LOL
  • x00x00 MVP
    edited November 2011
    Err no it isn't. Like said you don't know how to program I gave you the correct answer.

This is becuase you haven't learnt to program, or read the the documentation.

I explained what you were doing wrong several times, you are still doing it wrong.

grep is your friend.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited November 2011
    the author of author of GeShi plugin made a mistake by choosing the wrong hook for that code, thus is was parsed multiple times. But as it happens it didn't matter in that case.

I wouldn't talk.

I don't see that anyone accepted your answers in your profile.

grep is your friend.

• edited November 2011
    matter is in the one thing - $Sender is a Parent class and it DOES NOT CONTAIN current message body. An event is really called every time.

But what a sense of this call is when i every time have Parent class with all messages?

every body knows and gives the advices about things which are clear as a glass.

• I gave you the correct answer, you chose to ignore what I said, and focus on incorrect things. You chose the hook inside the loop, you choose to use $Sender, rather than the event arguments.

It is pointless explaining things to you.

grep is your friend.

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    @x00 is correct. In that context $Sender refers to the parent DiscussionController. That controller is handling the display of all comments in the thread, thereby causing it to contain all comments. That event *also* has a reference to the individual comment being rendered by that event, but you were not using that reference.

@johansonlocker You're about to get banned here, please be careful.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

Answer ✓
    And there we have it. Sometimes there are human problems on forums that no feature will solve.
This discussion has been closed.