HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to move various posts to another category in a whole: an idea

candymancandyman ✭✭
edited November 2011 in Feedback
I know that Vanilla's programmers have their own ideas and they're not "just
sitting [...] playing scrabble with each other" [copyright by Tim, lol :) ]
but I would suggest an option for the default theme of Vanilla 2. In the top
bar where there are the panels:

All Discussions My Bookmarks My discussions

there's a button to select all the messages in a row.
It would be great if, at he left bottom where appears the box which says:

You have selected nth discussions.
Take action: Delete Merge Cancel

could appear the Move option to change category of a various number of post
(which can be selected all together or by clicking their own button) in a whole.

What do you think?

Comments

• merge/join was a plugin, this can be a plugin.

grep is your friend.

• But a plugin can modify the existent (core) box?
    I think it's better to add the "Move" option inside the same box that appear at bottom on the left of the screen.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Move "en masse" is a good idea. Even the split/merge stuff is something we want to take from a plugin and move it into the core. The way I want to do this though is the following:

1. Change the options hover menu into a sprocket icon, but otherwise does the same thing.
    2. Have a buttons somewhere to go into "moderate mode". This will turn all of the sprocket icons into checkboxes to select multiple discussions/comments.
    3. When in "moderate mode" most options that were in the hover menu will be available at the bottom of the page as well as the other advanced split/merge type things.
  • I like the "moderate mode" idea very much.
    So the default Vanilla style remain clean and easy as usual and "complicated" add-ons appear only to moderators when they are needed. Great.