Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How do I hide the Bookmarked Discussions from the Side Panel?

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
This is the column where you see: users, categories, start new discussion button, bookmarked discussions (if you have any book marks, tags , who’s on line and members (if plug-in installed and enabled)

As the site admin I have book marked ALL forum discussions so that I receive an e-mail when there is activity. However when logging in on the right column the ‘book marks’ list is large and takes up too much room meaning I have to scroll lots, hence want to hide the books marks (I can still access via the TOP menu where you see book marks and my discussions. Word press uses widgets and you can add and remove from the admin panel but cant figure out how to do this in Vanilla forums.

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

There is a config setting for this:

$Configuration['Vanilla']['Modules']['ShowBookmarkedModule'] = FALSE;

Current versions of Vanilla also have the option to be notified of all comments and discussions if you have the correct permissions so this is another thing to consider.

Answers

• Id' like to know the answer as well. Maybe @Todd can chime in...

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

There is a config setting for this:

$Configuration['Vanilla']['Modules']['ShowBookmarkedModule'] = FALSE;

Current versions of Vanilla also have the option to be notified of all comments and discussions if you have the correct permissions so this is another thing to consider.

• I was just going to ask this question also. Thanks Todd

• You could consider the possibility to toggle the Bookmarked Discussions

[+] to show
    [-] to hide

very nice looking, according to me.