HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

VanillaCMS 1.0 beta 1 is out!

SheriffenSheriffen
edited December 2011 in Feedback

Balloons and fireworks!

Fellow coders, today is a very happy day for me. It's been almost 2 years since I started developing this application, in the beginning for private use. This fall I've been putting alot of work in making it an application for all of you to use and love.

This is the first beta Please do not use in production sites (yet)

Release notes

1.0b1 Initial Public Release

Download it here VanillaCMS

or help out on GitHub

Enjoy!

Tagged:

Comments

• A happy day for all of us :). THANK YOU!

• Nice! Looking forward to the stable version! =)

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

Wow, just wow. Amazing.

• Great job! looking forward to when it gets out of beta.

• RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭

this is awesome! definitely reduces the need to integrate vanilla with a seperate cms

• SheriffenSheriffen
    edited December 2011

Thanks all you guys! And please help out debugging so that we can get a stable release ASAP :)

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Awesome work @Sheriffen

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Good news. Congrats @Sheriffen

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Very cool.

• A demo would be nice

• Amazing..Congratulations @Sheriffen

• candymancandyman ✭✭
    edited December 2011

Great stuff.
    Hope it will be released as stable and Approved soon.

• Please help out testing, some great updates today (github).

What I want you to help out testing:
    -File browser (under images in the editor)
    -Sorting when nesting, especially when different Page templates setup
    -Page Templates (Will add guide later on how to make your own, for now user the Core ones)

Thanks all for helping /and encouraging) and making the stable release come closer!

• @Sheriffen Tested it for a bit - it's far from stable at the moment ;)

I reported the issues I've discovered in github. FYI, the bugs were a direct pull from the repository.

• Thanks @Rainulf for helping out! Could you please provide some more specific debugging information. What OS/browser are you using? And most important, what errors show up in webkit console or firebug. It's very hard to debug if I don't know whats wrong (cause it's all very stable on my machine)

:)

• RainulfRainulf New
    edited December 2011

Hey @Sheriffen ! I discovered the cause of most of those bugs I reported. It turns out that the plugin 'Minify' did not merge/minified the JS that was included in the VanillaCMS application. I will check the bugs I discovered again and report my findings by tomorrow. =) I pretty much just rushed through it because I was at work.. xD

• Great! And also be sure that you got my latest commit where I added alot of untracked files that I forgot. Without them you also probably got alot of unexpected issues.

But good to know about the minify, my experience (from WordPress) is that alot of plugins don't work very well with auto minifying... I'll look in to that though

• Tested! Everything is great so far! There's two minor issues I left opened in github =)

• You just made my day :) I was about to start looking for a lightweight CMS to fit vanilla into and said I'd have a quick read here first when I spotted this. Reckon I'll download it over the Christmas when I have a bit of time and give it the once over.

• Big updates on github today, beta2 just around the corner!