Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can Vanilla be used for a Help desk?

edited March 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

I haven't been around for a long time but remember my success with using Vanilla. In fact, I still have an old Vanilla forum running. I remember that some had made use of Vanilla for managing a help desk system via a theme and extensions. Does anyone have experience using Vanilla in this manner? I would like to suggest Vanilla be used for doing this in a project I'm volunteering with.

Thank you, jim

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Answer ✓

I did find the plugin called Issue Tracker and there is a version for Vanilla 2. So, I will try this and see how things go.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

I think Vanilla 1 had a specific "help desk" plugin which Vanilla 2 doesn't have specifically.

However, I think our Q&A plugin would work very well in a help desk scenario. It allows you to mark discussions as questions and then mark those questions as answered which really helps out your workflow.

• I don't think the Q&A plugin will do the job, but I will have to test. Does anyone remember the theme name and plugin that allowed you to have a help desk in the original Vanilla 1?

• Answer ✓

I did find the plugin called Issue Tracker and there is a version for Vanilla 2. So, I will try this and see how things go.