Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

jQuery("div.Attachments a.DeleteFile").popup is not a function

I just recently installed this plugin and any time I load a page with the "attach file" link in there I get the following error in firebug:

jQuery("div.Attachments a.DeleteFile").popup is not a function

So of course nothing happens when you click the link to attach a file. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,
David

Best Answer

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Sounds like you don't have jquery.popup included. Have you messed with your theme and perhaps removed the {Foot} asset? Perhaps you're just missing the entire file, or have blocked it?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

Answers

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

I think your gonna have to be more specific.

Version of Vanilla etc
    Link to test.

See it working on one of our themes.

http://vanillaskins.com/air-forum/discussion/3/image-uploads-test#Item_9

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Sounds like you don't have jquery.popup included. Have you messed with your theme and perhaps removed the {Foot} asset? Perhaps you're just missing the entire file, or have blocked it?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    edited January 2012

Sorry for the delay in responding. I am running vanilla version 2.0.18.1. You can get to my forum by going to www.chaozrebellion.com/forum.

Just sign up on there and I'll approve you. I am currently running a custom theme in there but it says it is loading the jquery.popup.js file in the head. I made sure to copy the default.master.php file into my custom theme and I left the code in tact for it. I just added some wrappers and css styling to it that way I could style it easier.

I am not sure if something is wrong with the file or not. I will pop back over there and look to see if I am missing part of the file when I get a chance today.

• Options

Ok so I figure out the error...turns out it is bad to be doing major code changes in the middle of the night. The problem was that when I copied some of my javascript over, I was loading jquery at the bottom of the page after vanilla had already loaded it.

So after removing that include at the bottom everything started working again. :|

• Options

paintballer82 said:
    ...turns out it is bad to be doing major code changes in the middle of the night.

WORD :(