Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Short Panel on Discussion Pages

hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When viewing a discussion i don't really care what categories of discussion are out there, or what discussions i have bookmarked. This plugin will hide those elements for you.

Edit the .css file to change what items are removed.

Comments

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

A new version has been uploaded. The changes are in the css file, to utilize a simpler tag that is compatible with more browsers. The visual representation is now correct in Chrome, Opera, Fire Fox and IE9

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012

Its a nice idea but I dont seem to find any option to customize it in the dashboard.

Can you please point out which file do I have to modify if I want hide only few not all panels?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

aery said:
    Its a nice idea but I dont seem to find any option to customize it in the dashboard.

Can you please point out which file do I have to modify if I want hide only few not all panels?

Which panel divs are hidden is controlled by the shortpanel.css file in the shortpanel/css folder.

which pages this css is applied to is controlled by a regex in the php file.

i plan on doing an update to allow some of this customization through dashboard the next time i tweak it.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

@hbf thats great. Cant wait for the update.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• edited February 2012

It would especcially nice if it would sense where in a hierarchy one is.
    I use a heavily Categorised forum to keep the Bike content seperated from the Peoples and the Chit Chat with "disabled" root categories.

So it would be nice it hid all the other Root Categories (and their siblings) if you are in the People section, so you only see the People related sub-categories.

Example:

Bike
    -Engine
    -Frame
    People
    -Inntro
    -Inn-mate
    Agenda
    -Dirt
    -Road

It would be nice if that could be turned into:

People
    -Inntro
    -Inn-mate

And the real nice option would be to only collapse the non-applicable Roots, so you still see whats there, but have a cleaned up "Menu" (sidebar)

Bike
    People
    -Inntro
    -Inn-mate
    Agenda

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

ErnsTT said:
    It would especcially nice if it would sense where in a hierarchy one is.
    I use a heavily Categorised forum to keep the Bike content seperated from the Peoples and the Chit Chat with "disabled" root categories.

So it would be nice it hid all the other Root Categories (and their siblings) if you are in the People section, so you only see the People related sub-categories.

Example:

Bike
    -Engine
    -Frame
    People
    -Inntro
    -Inn-mate
    Agenda
    -Dirt
    -Road

It would be nice if that could be turned into:

People
    -Inntro
    -Inn-mate

And the real nice option would be to only collapse the non-applicable Roots, so you still see whats there, but have a cleaned up "Menu" (sidebar)

Bike
    People
    -Inntro
    -Inn-mate
    Agenda

this is a cool idea. I think we would have to apply a bit of JS to accomplish this, but could be done. Unfortunately i don't have the time to work it right now.