Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is there a simple way to embed youtube videos while using a WYSIWYG editor

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I like the CLEditor plugin, but i can't embed youtube videos with it enabled.
< code>http: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm77JG6d99M< /code> didn't work.

I've searched lots of discussions on this topic, but i can't find THE simple workable answer.
or this a simple case of having one's cake and eating it too.

Answers

• Ah, couldn't be much simpler.
    Thanks a lot

• or you could use the magic plugin. Does the same, but also gives image previews, and (If i remember correctly) one other video sharing site

• Magic. Hmmmm.
    I found the formatting plug-in to be simple, so it will do for now.
    The magic plugin needs some tweaking. The embedded video is really small for starters, and i didn't find/see a preview. BUT if it has extra functionality it will be worth pursuing.
    Thanks for your help.

• colinwill78 said:
    Magic. Hmmmm.
    I found the formatting plug-in to be simple, so it will do for now.
    The magic plugin needs some tweaking. The embedded video is really small for starters, and i didn't find/see a preview. BUT if it has extra functionality it will be worth pursuing.
    Thanks for your help.

Have you been messing with configuration? because on my site (http://cruxes.net) the embedded video fills the discussion width

• 422422 Developer MVP

@domos123 thanks for using our skin, but you shouldnt remove attribution link or indeed change it to you.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @422 I mailed you about it and was told that I may remove the attribution once I removed the images by you, which I have done...
    If you want I'll put the attribution back, but I see no reason I can't alter it...

• 422422 Developer MVP

U can remove it, but dont state the skin is by you. If thats ok

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• 422 said:
    U can remove it, but dont state the skin is by you. If thats ok

That's fine :)