Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Mass moderate users?

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is there a way to mass-delete users in the back-end of Vanilla? I have a lot of confirm email registrations, most of which as spammers/bots, and the only way I see to delete them is to do so one-by-one.

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

There is no way to do this right now, no.

Answers

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

I'm pretty sure we added this in 2.0.18. What version are you using?

• @Lincoln I'm on Version 2.0.18.1 but don't seem to be able to mass-edit users.

I'm at www.Gmauthority.com/forum

• I can't find a way to do this either...

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

There is no way to do this right now, no.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

I misread as wanting to remove applicants. That's the only mass-selection available in 2.0.18.

• @Lincoln are applicants considered those who have not confirmed an email address?

• Probably, yes, but that can be easily moved into a plugin, if you're willing to program it, sashok

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Yes, i want this function also. I also remember another thread dealing with it.

Please integrate at least a checkbox next to each registered user in the backend that can be checked and a buttons that delete them. that won't be that hard or?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited September 2012

that won't be that hard or?

I recommend never saying that to a developer.

• @UnderDog I wish I could make it... but my skills are with basic HTML and CSS :(

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@Lincoln: Hehe, sorry. You are right. But i guess it's not a magical thing for those people that created a magical thing called Vanilla. ;)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • @phreak wonderful :)
    @Todd I don't think this requires much effort - it's hardly a few minutes work - under an hour at the most for the core developers. I could have coded it myself, but I don't know what all tables and fields are effected when someone becomes a user. If I knew that, I could sweep my forum clean. I am getting hundreds of bot regs weekly, which is the frequency I moderate it.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2012

@DNB2B said

@phreak wonderful :)@Todd I don't think this requires much effort - it's hardly a few minutes work - under an hour at the most for the core developers. I could have coded it myself, but I don't know what all tables and fields are effected when someone becomes a user. If I knew that, I could sweep my forum clean. I am getting hundreds of bot regs weekly, which is the frequency I moderate it.

I think laughing as I type....

If we could have all coded things ourselves, life would be so much easier, then we wouldn't have to depend on others, if only we knew. We know it is very easy for someone else to do, but not quite so easy for us because (name your reason a) too hard, b) don't know c) if only I had ... )

But seriously - you should try the botstop plugin with approval. it works quite well.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• The lack of this feature makes Vanilla looks really bad. Without malice, I think it's high time @Lincoln and other experts realised that better spam control management is what majority of forum CMS users are looking for and do something about it.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited June 2013

Is the new Plugin for mass moderation , working on some kinks though... ;0