Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Remove Category Management from right

2»

Answers

• @newbie you have to add this in css file.

I think I have about 50 or more css files in my vanilla-core-2-0-18-1 folder.

Which one is it?

I open the source window in the browser and the link is to the minify plug in I have. Unfortunately, there is no css file in the plugin folder. Minify must use php to modify it somewhere else. I could try and disable minify and look at the source that way.

• theme > Select your theme > design > here u will get custom.css . Put this line in this css

• Use Firefox+Firebug!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KdNRZS-uSg

@As22
    CSS is the cleanest way.

@newbie
    /applications/dashboard/design/style.css

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

To see the css files you are using in Firebug you will need to turn minify off (and possibly clear the cache folder.)

Don't start editing core Vanilla files!

To make changes to the files, copy them over to a custom folder.

So to create a custom theme follow these instructions: http://vanillaforums.org/docs/themequickstart

I would recommend starting with a blank css file , and just add in the rules you want to use to make the changes you need.

• Thanks for the tip!
    I simply added the line .CategoryFollowToggleBox { display:none; } in my custom.css
    and the Category Management section was gone.

• tribulanttribulant Online New
    edited May 2015

It's really simple, the file is: applications/vanilla/views/modules/categoryfollowtoggle.php

edit added

by using the theming guide, you can place this inside your own themes/mytheme/views/modules/ folder to serve it instead.

@tribulant

I don't really understand why you would necropost on a three year old thread, which has already been answered and resolved.

Moreover, pointing people towards core files (with the implication that that is what needs editing) is just wrong from a Vanilla point of view.

The OP's aim was achievable through a simple addition of a css rule.

@whu606

It didn't seem resolved to me so I might've been wrong.

I was asking the same question and posted the answer with the hope that it will help someone. I wanted to do something different but to the same file so that's why I posted it.

It is a core file, yes but by using the theming guide, you can place this inside your own themes/mytheme/views/modules/ folder to serve it instead. So no, it's not wrong. That way the changes are inside your own, custom theme and not made to the core.

Again, I hope this helps someone.

@tribulant

The detail you provide with

by using the theming guide, you can place this inside your own themes/mytheme/views/modules/ folder to serve it instead. So no, it's not wrong. That way the changes are inside your own, custom theme and not made to the core.

is critical. Without that, someone might easily assume they should edit the given file

That said, I can't see any benefit to making your suggested change, when a css rule will do pretty much the same job.

You can tell the thread is answered, as the OP selected two answers.

@whu606

I should've mentioned the theming and not the core file only.
    You may edit my post if you like.

And yes, I see now, I didn't notice it, I'm not really familiar with the forums but now I know.

No problem, and thank you for wanting to contribute to the community.