Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

van2shout add to custom page

ChanuxChanux Admin of Geek.lk ✭✭
edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

normaly van2shout plugin display in side panel. i want to add this box to new custom page. like this image. help me

Answers

• Options

I think I already published a version supporting a custom page at github.com, I will check if the experimental branch supports this, otherwhise you'll have to try the unstable branch (but that branch won't work out of the box)...
    I'll be back in about 2 hours...

• Options

i found it. but how can i do it

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

check out which module is for Van2Shout plugin.

try
    $this->AddModule('Van2Shout Module Name');

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

@sahotataran
    Um, I'm not sure what you mean by this, how can this code help creating a controller?
    @Chanux
    Neither the master, nor the experimental branch currenty support a custom page, you'll have to try out the unstable branch... But I'm not sure if it will work out of the box, can you wait a few days for me to fix the unstable branch?

• Options

as i thought Chanux wants to display Van2Shout in a CUSTOM PAGE - generated by CUSTOM PAGE plugin. so he can add this using the above line if your Van2Shout is a module and you are targetting the MODULE to some specific location. hope you got it

• Options

i clear my all codes in custom page, and add

<?php try $this->AddModule('Van2Shout Module Name'); ?>

but not working...

• Options

same friend :(

• Options
    AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭

substitue the Van2Shout's Module Name not the whole string 'Van2Shout Module Name'

• Options

what is the correct string ??

• Options

find the module name for Van2Shout and add it there

• Options
    caerostriscaerostris ✭✭
    edited February 2012

I'm not really up to date with vanilla and have no idea where you all want to add the module ;)

Anyway, I fixed the unstable branch now and you can try that one (It is using a custom page)

If you have a Linux PC:
    $ git clone http://github.com/Caerostris/Van2Shout --branch unstable

If you are a Windows user there are two ways to get Van2Shout's unstable branch:
    -Install Linux and follow the instructions above
    -Download the unstable branch as zip archive at https://github.com/Caerostris/Van2Shout/tree/unstable/

This version should be working out of the box, just upload to /plugins/ and enable Van2Shout (Delete the old table GDN_Shoutbox using Phpmyadmin or something similar before enabling!!)

• Options

@caerostris how can i add to custom page body

• Options

Do you want to know how to add text to a page that already exists or do you want to know how to add a completely new page?
    (Or did I completely misunderstand what you want to know? :P )

• Options

i want add shout box, to custom page content. like this.
    i dont want shoutbox in side panel

• Options

As I said in the previous post, just try the new version from github, it does exactly what you want! :)