Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

class.activitymodel bugs?

rprrpr
edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

getting duplicate posts on activity list and duplicate email sent (new discussion, new comment notifications). Also, visits aren't being recorded and activity dates on profiles don't update.

We have two forums on the same server, one was installed in Nov 11 using v2.0.17.10 and we didn't encounter any of these issues. But installing the 2nd forum using v2.0.18.2 (Jan 12) these problems have arisen.

I've tried looking for issues by comparing 'class.activitymodel.php' in each version, but the file has been significantly rewritten in v2.0.18.2

Is this file the likely candidate for these problems occuring?

Answers

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Visits not being recorded is a long-standing problem and is unrelated.

I'm not aware of a duplicate content bug in 2.0.18.2. If you're asking if replacing that file is a possible solution, no, it's not.

• Thanks Lincoln for your reply, and yes I realise replacing the older file would not be wise, as the newer includes many changes.

Is this file the likely origin for a bug where 'users' receive two email notifications though?

Also, I noticed a thread that maybe related to duplicate activity content - a JS timeout issue:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/19120/bug-profile-activity-share-button

Could this be the problem?