Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] JsConnect and Wordpress

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi every body,

In order to get jsConnect working on my Wordpress site, I did the following:

1- Configure the authentication url on your site.
2- Install the jsConnect plugin.
3- Secure the jsConnect connection.

It said after that : You need to program a page on your site that gives out information on the currently signed in user.

Where should I do this ? I think it's the problem, because it doesn't work on my site, I must everytime connect both in Vanilla and Wordpress

Best Answers

Answers

• Thank you x00 for answering,
    Just one question.
    There is :
    Vanilla URL for already logged on WordPress users
    Use this URL from a section of your Website if you already know your users are logged in.
    My users must connect to wordpress before going to forum, should I use this Url like the Authenticate URL. I didn't understand this last URL which doesn't exist in other Vanilla connect plugins.

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

it is bit confusing but you don't need to worry about this. Just make sure you copy the first three. to the appropriate fields in jsConnect.

grep is your friend.

• It works, but i must connect everytime in the vanilla forum by clicking ones on my avatar, even if I am logged in my wordpress blog, users must do the same, it means for me that the integration is not really perfect, the best would be to not worry about Vanilla connexion.

Last question, is that what should happened ?

• x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2012 Answer ✓

yes but I created another plugin that deals with this:

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/jsconnectautosignin-plugin

grep is your friend.

• Wow great, I will use it right now

You know, since months I am fighting with that, I don't like bbpress forum, Vanilla looks better, the last problem I have to adopt it is this, solution must be found for the community :) if we want vanilla forum to win.

• Great, it works, it looks more professional. Thank you for helping :)