Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

When will automated updates be available?

edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Currently, Vanilla Forums's upgrade/update process is a pain. I know that in the documentation, there's a statement that automatic updates are coming, but I'm not sure when it was written, nor do I know if the feature is actually being developed.

Knowing that version 2.0.18 is coming out soon, will automatic updates be added to the new version, is it slated for a later release, or is the feature being developed at all?

Best Answer

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Automatic updates will not be in 2.0.18

If I had my way, we'd be able to get them into 2.1, but I can't promise that because we have some massive development ahead of us for that release.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

Answers

• Or maybe Patch-Files that we can use on our Linux-Servers? Like f.e. Mediawiki ...
  • I've not seen anything about it being under development for 2.0.18
  • I've not seen anything about it being under development for 2.0.18
    I'm running 2.0.18 and automatic updates are definitely not there.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Automatic updates will not be in 2.0.18

If I had my way, we'd be able to get them into 2.1, but I can't promise that because we have some massive development ahead of us for that release.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Well, at least we have some awesome new features to look forward to.

Thanks Tim.
  • Does anyone have a shell script, or maybe using git (github) to update Vanilla that could share?

• Is anyone updating their Vanilla installs from github? I'd just like to know how possible this is before I start doing it.

• Sigh... [SPLIT]

There was an error rendering this rich post.