Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Quote button does nothing, please help

edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

hello i have just installed Vanilla Version 2.0.18.2 on my server and installed some plugins including "Quotes" plugin here: http://tos.adocity.co.uk/forum/

but the quote button is not working, when its clicked nothing happens.
i get the following message in Firebug:

JSON.parse: unexpected character
f()jquery....0.18.2 (line 16)
b = "<?xml version="1.0" enc...dy> \n\n"
QuoteResponse()quotes.js?v=1.2.2 (line 200)
Data = "<?xml version="1.0" enc...y> \n\n\n"
Status = "success"
XHR = Object { readyState=4, responseText="<?xml version="1.0" enc...y> \n\n\n", status=200, more...}
e = Object { isLocal=false, global=true, type="GET", more...}
f = ["<?xml version="1.0" enc...y> \n\n\n", "success", Object { readyState=4, responseText="<?xml version="1.0" enc...y> \n\n\n", status=200, more...}]
clone()jquery....0.18.2 (line 18)
a = 200
c = "success"
l = Object { text="<?xml version="1.0" enc...y> \n\n\n"}
m = "Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 ...xt/html; charset=utf-8\n"
clone()jquery....0.18.2 (line 18)
a = readystatechange
e = undefined

and here is the error message from chrome browser:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
e.extend.parseJSON                                              jquery.js:16
Gdn_Quotes.Gdn_Quotes.QuoteResponse             quotes.js:200
e.extend.proxy.g                                                  jquery.js:16
f.extend._Deferred.e.resolveWith                          jquery.js:16
w                                                                          jquery.js:18
f.support.ajax.f.ajaxTransport.send.d                   jquery.js:18
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    edited March 2012

@zainsohail88 : Did you try the latest version available from here? (I don't use the plugin myself. Just trying to help you.)

• Options

thanks for the reply @badlearner, yes i am using the latest version of the plugin.

• Options

@zainsohail88 : I'll have time check the plugin tomorrow. I'll get back to you if I find a resolution. If you don't hear back from me, just know that I tried, but couldn;t find a solution.

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭

I do not have those variables name in my plugin (a, b, c, d, e...)
    Do you have minify installed?

• Options

thanks @badlearner, i really appreciate your efforts :)

@luc: yes i think minify is installed, does that cause any conflict ?

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭

zainsohail88 said:
    thanks @badlearner, i really appreciate your efforts :)

@luc: yes i think minify is installed, does that cause any conflict ?

Apparantly so.
    Disable it and you will see.

• Options

alright friend, let me check and get back to you. :)

• Options

@badlearner said:
    @zainsohail88 : Did you try the latest version available from here? (I don't use the plugin myself. Just trying to help you.)

apparently you were right, i was using an older version of the plugin however after adding the Quotes plugin from above link its giving me following error: "Quotes is missing the following requirement(s): Vanilla 2.1a9."

• Options

@luc: i have disabled the minify plugin but now there is another issue i am facing (see my comment above) :-p

• Options
    edited March 2012

@zainsohail88 : Okay, seems like the latest version only supports Vanilla 2.1. Do this — disable Minify plugin, then use the Quotes addon from the Vanilla forums repository. I hope it works this time, as it is working for me.

• Options

i just installed the 2.1a version of vanilla forums and updated the quotes plugin, actually all of the plugins and files were updated. i have also disabled minify and all the unnessary plugins, but the quotes functionality is still not working.

additionally the quote feature is no more visible in user-comments, it only appears once near the post title.

seems like things have gone wrong :-$

ohh and when i updated the forum there was an error stating that "mb_detect_encoding" function is invalud, so i disabled it manually.