Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Combine login details with vanilla AND members area login script

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am implementing a php login script on my website and would also like a discussion forum but I dont want the users to have to register twice, so they will be registering on my website via the login script, is there any way vanilla forums could then use their username and password from the login scripts database to log them in and allow them to post on the forum?
If not, whats the best way to achieve what im trying to do?

Answers

• just a thought. Why not use vanilla for all of your logins and credentials and read the vanilla database from your pages.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• CaioCaio
    edited April 2012

@peregrine is correct, why not use Vanilla login for everything? if not, have you used proxy connect and/or jsconnect?

• A new and improved Caio :).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Haha yea, I took your advice and became more detailed.

• Unfortunately the login script doesnt want to play this way and wont connect to the forum database so wondered if it would work the other way around.