Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to replace html with bbcode in button bar

CaioCaio
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have button bar installed and added:
$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'BBCode';
to config.php in the conf folder, in hopes of button bar using bbcode instead of html, but it didn't and it still uses html. Can anyone help me?

Best Answer

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

Open a new thread

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• EDIT: Turns out the whole forum is using html instead of bbcode, please help!

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited April 2012

Have you tried using http://vanillaforums.org/addon/nbbc-plugin

If you make CORE changes, and then revert back ... Always delete the .ini files in your cache folder also.

• Didn't know that, thank you 422! Going to see if it works.

• CaioCaio
    edited April 2012

It didn't work as in it still only uses simple html, I pruned the cache and installed the plugin but it still only uses simple html. (should I empty the minify files and the empty file?)

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited April 2012

Yes minify caches css and js. Im no expert, in fact i hate minify with a pashunnnnnnn

• Haha, I dislike it too, but it makes my site faster which is important.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited April 2012

Thing is, if you have static css and js across all pages. The FULL version of your css and js files are loaded the first time for the user.

After which, browser should cache your files anyway.

• It didn't work as in it still only uses simple html, I pruned the cache in minify but it still only uses simple html.

• I found something about databases here, can anyone walk me through this as I understand nothing about databases (other than to make them)

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

Open a new thread

• Ok

• Fixed it

• I'd like to do the same, can you explain how you fixed it?

• CaioCaio
    edited April 2012

I fixed it by going into phpMyAdmin, into the forum database, find the discussion table, click structure, find the format column and change the value from null to as defined:, and in the text box below enter BBCode (capitilization counts), press save. Do the same thing to the comments table. (don't forget to add $Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'BBCode'; In the conf/config.php