Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Do I have to upload all the files in the zip folder for it to work correctly?

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓

the extract will produce that directory(that was implied), and it has to be exactly the name the extract gives it in upper and lower case.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• I'm not sure, but I would to avoid possible problems

• OK, thanks. So you extract all the files, then upload them, correct?

I keep getting the random Bonk message.

• Yes, extract them into the plugins folder

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

no matter how you do it. you want all the files in the plugins directory in the same exact structure as the extract produces. Some people can use cpanel to extract a zip. Some people manually create the directory structure, change directory permissions and put each file in its place. Its not the method its the result.

All the files in a plugin are there for a reason and all are used except for readme.txt and other documentation for the most part. all css js php files are definitely needed if your goal is to have it work!

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I agree with @peregrine, but all the files should be in a folder such as "fileupload" which would be /plugins/your-folder-name/files

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓

the extract will produce that directory(that was implied), and it has to be exactly the name the extract gives it in upper and lower case.

• Thank you for the clarification!